Business Administration Apprenticeship Castle Futures
Are you interested in completing a business administration level 3 apprenticeship? If so, our clients are currently recruiting for a business administration apprentice to join their team based within a school in Lincoln!
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Dec 2021
16 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Office Administrator Job Purpose:
Ensures proper flow of office procedures and supports the office directors by carrying out common office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
Main Areas of Responsibility
1. Customer Focus
- ‘Model’ excellent professional relationships with students, parents and other professionals in the schools
- To be an ambassador for Castles Futures when meeting parents and other visitors and to act as a first point of reference when people arrive to site
- Provide an excellent administrative service to the SLT, Head of Schools, Business and Operations Manager and Managing Partners
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the schools and meeting the needs of the students
- Perform Receptionist duties throughout the school day: acting as first point of reference for, receiving callers, students, parents, visitors and telephone enquiries
- Offer helpful, friendly, approachable and professional service at all times and take appropriate action on own initiative, resolving minor matters, referring more serious matters to appropriate members of staff
- Adhere to school procedures and ensure that staff receive messages (telephone, email, face-to-face) promptly and accurately
- Maintain notice boards, update timetables/rotas, sort and distribute mail
- Produce and maintain compliance posters at all centres i.e. fire evacuation, safeguarding
- Drafts, formats, and prints relevant documents
- Provide general confidential secretarial service to SLT, Head of School, Business and Operations Manager and Managing Partners, to include word processing, correspondence, reports, references, mail, diaries, appointments and meetings, maintain general and confidential filing systems,
- Create, circulate and update the school’s calendars as appropriate
5. Stock Control
- Checking goods, return unwanted items, arrange repair/servicing
- Raise orders where required ensuring that they are inputted following Castles Futures purchasing procedures
6. Data Management
- Maintain high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the school’s data protection procedures and legal requirements at all times
7. Information Technology
- Maintain school documents designed by SLT, Head of School, Business and Operations Manager and Managing Partners
- Maintain effective administration
- Comply with all Castles Futures policies and procedures
- Contribute to safeguarding the welfare of students in the schools
- Maintain the security of property in a way that is consistent with Castles Futures procedures and legal requirements, reporting any concerns about safety and security to the appropriate person (s)
- Maintain the visitors logbook and ensure all visitors and contractors can be identified by wearing clearly visible identification badges
9. Accountability, Performance and Line Management
- Regularly review own practice, set personal targets and take responsibility for own personal development
- Take responsibility for work, encourage and accept feedback from colleagues and line manager and respond to or adapt to change as required
- Take an active part in the Castles Futures appraisal process with line manager, sharing success stories as well as challenges
- Continue to learn and develop as a professional, completing induction, attending relevant training to update knowledge and skills, enhancing qualifications
- Model high professional standards and be a responsible and effective member of staff, attending regular meetings with SLT, Centre Managers, Business and Operations Manager and Managing Partners as appropriate. Appreciate, respect and support the role of other professionals
- Undertake such other duties as directed and required from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer and data literate
- Basic mathematics combined with analytical & logical approach, allowing for flexible methods of working
- Organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English Language.
There is always a chance to progress into a solid job role or complete further education.
Things to consider
As part of LAGAT's Recruitment process, you will be required to declare if you have any Criminal Records, Cautions or Driving Licences at the Interview. Depending on the position applied for, you may be required to take and pass a DBS Check.
Please consider your travel arrangements before applying for the role as you will need to be able to feasibly commute to and from work on workdays. For more information on planning your travel arrangements, use the Traveline website, http://www.traveline.info/
Please note, a direct approach to this employer will result in the application being disqualified. All applications for this vacancy must be through Apprenticeship vacancies. Apprenticeships are a 1-2-year commitment; candidates must be able to commit to the full length of the Apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
We are Castles Education and through our ‘Futures’ programme we are leading the battle to support young people in parts of the UK that need it most. We aim to raise aspirations, empower self belief, support young minds and help shape futures.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lagat Ltd
Sadie Canner 01522501300 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English if required
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.