Customer Service Apprentice - MIS Department Peterborough Regional College
A great opportunity to both train and work as a Customer Service Apprentice in the MIS Department at Peterborough College. As well as developing the skills required for the position, you will also complete the Apprenticeship Standard which comprises Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours that must be demonstrated and achieved prior to the EPA.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your main duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following areas. You will be supporting other members of the team to deliver the following tasks:
Data Entry - Undertake accurate MIS data entry using the software systems provided, across all funding and income streams, including:
- Supplementary forms
- Change requests
- Course set up
Data systems – participate in all training on the relevant data systems used in the delivery of the role, ensuring full compliance and accurate use of the systems and processes.
Data validation – participate in the systematic and routine checking of the accuracy of the student and course data collected, ensuring all relevant data fields are fully and accurately completed.
Enrolment – to participate in the enrolment process, working closely with Student Services teams to ensure good data quality.
Timetables and Registers – liaise with appropriate academic staff to ensure accuracy of timetables and register data entered into the system. Ensure these are maintained in line with customer requests using college processes and by monitoring exception reports, as directed by your line manager.
Knowledge – maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the ESFA, HESA and local authority funding rules and regulations to enable effective undertaking of the role.
Customer Care – to promote and maintain courteous relationships, ensuring mutual respect with colleagues and other persons in order to promote core objectives of the Group. Answer the telephone, respond to service desk requests and answer emails, acting as a point of contact to customers of the MIS department.
Team work – actively participate as a full member of the MIS team, working closely with colleagues, managing workloads and attending all team meetings as determined by your line manager.
Other - assist other MIS staff when directed by the MIS Team Leader and assume ownership and responsibility for tasks allocated to you.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent and accurate IT skills, including data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative Skills
- A good working knowledge and demonstrable competence of word-processing, spreadsheets and databases Technical aptitude – the ability to learn new technologies quickly (full training will be provided where required)
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to organise work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Confidence in dealing with people of all ages and abilities, face to face and over the phone
- Ability to monitor and compile data from various sources
- Ability to recognise and implement the need for confidentiality
- Team player
- Self motivated with a committment to ensuring work completed to a high degree of accuracy
- Problem solving attitude
- Flexible approach to working practices
- Professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Good previous attendance record
- Minimum of Level 2 Literacy and numeracy (GCSE English Language and maths (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent qualifications
- Relevant IT related qualification would be welcomed although not essential
- Previous experience working in an administrative and/or customer focused environment would be considered desirable however is not essential
Successful achievement of the Apprenticeship has the potential of long term permanent employment within the Group.
Things to consider
- Awareness of and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the principles of inclusive learning and the ability to promote it in all aspects across IEG
- Assist with College enrolment/open evenings as required (which will entail occasional attendance outside normal College hours for which time off in lieu will be agreed)
About the employer
Peterborough College offers education and training to over 10,000 students and businesses every year providing a huge range of courses to suit everyone. GCSEs, vocational career focused courses, part-time adult courses, apprenticeships, higher education and professional training tailored to both individuals and employers.
The College is based across three sites - the main Park Crescent Campus, Job Smart Centre and Media and Journalism Centre (all within a one-mile radius). However, this role would be based at the main, Park Crescent site.
PETERBOROUGH REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Peterborough Regional College
Gillian Fryer 01733 762356 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.