Customer Services Apprentice Mitchell & Dickinson
In this role you will assist the Customer Services Manager with all aspects of customer communications involved in ensuring the smooth delivery of our insulation services to owners of listed and period properties who are our customers. It will involve communications with our internal operational teams as well as our external customers.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
20 Jan 2022
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a dynamic and exciting area of the business dealing with the customer journey from the time they have placed their order through to completion of their insulation contract with us.
Our customers are owners of some of the most beautiful historic homes in the country, mostly listed properties and certainly pre-war homes, and their owners want to make them more thermally efficient, save carbon and energy but also want to preserve them as the wonderful places to live that they are as part of our national architectural heritage.
They have very high standards as a result and our customer services teams job is to make sure that those standards of service are maintained. Communication with customers, how it is handled, and demonstrating that we are at their service is critical and we have a programme of standard communications in the process to ensure that customers feel they are being looked after by an ethical, experienced and knowledgeable specialist insulation company of the highest repute. Working with the Customer Services Manager (CSM).
The role will therefore involve:
- Communications in writing, via email or letter and by phone with the customers and the internal team who will be delivering to meet our customers requirements
- You will take inbound calls and emails from customers and internal staff with customer service enquiries including any complaints
You will be assisting with customer communications in general from sales and surveying to scheduling of work to meet invoiced sales targets and manage arrangements with customers and our team for AfterCare work and this will include:
- Assisting with booking and administration of specification survey visits for jobs and care work
- Liaising with customer and specification surveyors regarding their visit to the customer home, ensuring our internal SQL booking system is kept up to date
- Arrange specification survey paperwork is provided in a timely manner to the surveyor
- Assist with customer communications with respect to changes to work specified, or any upgrades to work including requotes as required and directed by the CSM
- Assisting with booking work visits: Liaison with customers to as instructed regarding work visit for jobs and care work
- Liaising with operations team (Project Manager and Projects Support Manager) as instructed by the CSM with respect to any special customer requirements to meet customer expectations and to ensure excellent customer service
- Assist in the creation and distribution of job folders to PSM and to Project teams as required in a timely manner to ensure material delivery schedules can be met
- Assist the CSM with required customer communications to ensure that the installation teams will arrive at properties that are prepared for our arrival (work areas cleared, free of other tradespeople etc.) and COVID safe
- Generally assist the CSM with all internal and external communication (written and verbal) with respect to expediting installations, dealing with issues arising
- Assist the CSM with the escalation process with respect to any complaints from customers or Project teams
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Excel
- Good first hand experience of living in and maintaining older properties an advantage
- Well-spoken communicator
- Efficient and confident
- Comfortable talking to people from all walks of life
- Able to stay calm in a busy working environment and able to multi task
- An interest in helping others and providing really high standards of service
- Good sense of humour very helpful!
High level of literacy and numeracy - at least Grade 5/C+ or equivalent GCSE in English and maths, and preferably A level or degree level education.
The insulation industry is in high growth as the country has to insulate its housing stock as part of our action on climate change to achieve net zero by 2050. We are doubling in size each year and so our customer team is expected to grow alongside our other departments. This will present huge opportunities for those with the ambition and interest to help us take this company forward.
About the employer
Our unique energy saving systems are quick to install with little disruption to your property. We estimate that the energy used for the installation is saved in around three months and with a phenomenally high return on investment - it’s a system that works equally for your pocket, your property and the planet.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Petroc
Marcus Coyle 07790987998 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.