Logistics Support and Receptionist Apprentice Level Peaks Associates Ltd
You will be working in our busy reception and logistics team, ensuring goods are delivered on time and are booked in and out correctly, greeting all visitors and customers in to LPA.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
£10,000.00 - £14,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
09 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The control, monitoring and movement of materials and finished goods within LPA, as directed by the store’s manager, so that customers and suppliers receive items when due.
Occupying a desk at the main entrance of the company and greeting people as they arrive and depart, checking their arrival against an appointment book and directing them to their destination, answering phones and responding to inquiries along with routing calls to personnel, and performing various duties as required by the organisation.
RESPONSABILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Under Supervision of the Logistic Manager, coordinate logistics activities with logistics suppliers [couriers], to support LPA operational requirements
- Participate in the control of the internal and external stock and material storage supply arrangements and facilities, ensuring that stock is manifested, stored safely, and security processes are implemented to prevent any unauthorised removal of stock
- Assist the Logistics Manager to maintain the store stock system, ensuring that stock items are accounted for, receipted, issued, and maintained
- Liaise with appointed logistics suppliers to ensure that the agreed supply arrangements are effectively working, and stock is delivered to customers/suppliers in a timely fashion meeting contractual deadline
- Process logistic movement requests from LPA colleagues through the implementation of the agreed processes and information systems
- Participate in the annual and periodic stock taking activities, presenting outcomes and improvement proposals to the Logistics Manager
- To deliver stock to customers when required
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful movement of goods
- Resolving or escalating complaints and issues regarding the supply chain
- Creating and maintaining logs/records to support audit, accounting, quality, safety and customer service improvements
- Working with the logistics operations team to carry out warehouse operations and advance the efficiency of the supply chain
- Physical lifting, movement and handling of stock items up to one person lift H&S limits
- Ensuring that shipping methods complying with rules, regulations and laws as directed
- Monitoring quality control and keeping warehouse capacity at optimal levels
- Maintaining security for the building by controlling visitor access and providing passes
- Notifying appropriate people that a visitor has arrived to see them
- Keeping track of the people arriving for appointments and when they leave the building
- Answering phone calls and responding appropriately to the caller’s needs
- Complete the ADR Awareness training that will be provided (1 hour in house course)
- Co-driver/passenger on certain deliveries
- Assist within LPA as necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent problem-solving and organisational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Personal administration and management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail
- Professional demeanour
- Basic computer skills - Office software proficiency (particularly Office 365)
- Ability to lift heavy items up to one person lift to H&S limits
- Full UK driving licence (Co-driver/passenger on certain deliveries)
- Stock management - on the job training provided
- Customer service - on the job training provided
- Handling multi-line phone systems - on the job training provided
- Understanding of logistics processes - on the job training provided
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Professional manner
Minimum grades A-C/8-4 in English and maths or equivalent.
A full-time position may be offered at the end of a successful apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Main location of work will be Hereford but there may be the occasional need to travel, (travel costs would be covered).
About the employer
Level Peaks Associates supply world class systems to UK Ministry of Defence, UK Police Forces, a range of NATO military forces and specialists who demand the best capability. We supply tactical capabilities ranging from polymer rifle magazines and fully scalable integrated combat clothing systems to Unmanned Air Systems and advanced rockets systems. Multiple International and Government agencies trust us to supply capability that works, on time and on budget.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432 377010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Business Administrator Standard.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills maths, English (if required).
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.