Apprentice Business Administrator in Gosport Medical Centre GP Surgery Gosport Medical Centre
Assist other health care professionals who deliver vital services to help patients improve or maintain their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive, caring and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice when delivering administration.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Jan 2022
08 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Every GP Practice needs an efficient team of administrators /receptionists who can ensure that every patients experience is a positive one! This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the Health Care Sector as an Apprentice Business Administrator. If you want to play an integral part Primary Care at the Gosport Medical Centre Surgery, then come and join us!
Job Responsibilities Administration:
To provide support to the administration and office teams including tasks such as:
- Scan and file correspondence
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice protocol
- Use clinical system to identify patients requiring annual checks, and send invitations
- Answer telephone calls and either deal with the query or pass on to the appropriate person
- Initiate calls to resolve outstanding actions
- Accurate coding of patients notes
Job Responsibilities Reception:
To provide patients with an efficient and effective telephone-based reception service which includes:
- Making patient appointments (same day, routine, and cancellations)
- Allocation of triage appointments
- Giving routine test results
- Taking home visit requests
- Passing emergency calls i.e. chest pain/stroke to duty doctor
- General enquiries
- Resolving issues
- Complaint management and resolution
- Prescription queries
- Appointment and clinic changes
- To complete all associated administration in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide outstanding customer care always, both internally and externally
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist and Administrator at the Gosport Medical Centre in Gosport, assisting the practice team by working in the Reception and Administrative departments.
This vacancy is to enable other health care professionals who deliver vital services to help patients improve or maintain their health.
You will need to demonstrate a positive, caring and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice when delivering customer service and administration to patients and customers alike.
If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
- Good IT Skills
- Good interpersonal skills – Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning, and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of patience, empathy, and problem-solving skills, when dealing with conflict
- GCSE grade C or above in maths and English desired but not essential
- Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Business Administrator you would be able to work as an Administrator in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting
Things to consider
- Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
- Please note closing and interview dates should be used as a guideline only. Should the right applicant be found the vacancy may close early
About the employer
This is a busy GP Practice serving the local community of Gosport.
We provide healthcare and preventative treatments for our registered patients. Our primary consideration is to ensure each patient individual needs are at the centre of everything that we do.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
Beatriz Correia 02037547019 email@example.com
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Business Administrator Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a Business Administrator at the Gosport Medical Centre Practice.
Business Level 3 Qualification includes the following modules;
- Principles of business administration
- Personal and professional development
- Managing performance
- Your organisation
- Communication in a business environment
- Project management
- ICT for business
The apprentice will be able to pick from the following units:
- Providing services in an administrative environment
- Legal administration
- Medical administration
- Social media for business
- Marketing and sales
- Human resources environment
- Providing administration in the educational environment
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills, and experience for providing customer service including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written communications.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent Assessor Trainers. The programme is a blended combination of on the job learning plus off the job, e-learning content, and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
If the candidate has not achieved a GSCE Grade C or Level 4 in English and maths, then they will also be required to pass: -
- Functional Skills maths Level 1/2
- Functional Skills English Level 1/2
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion, and observation.
53 weeks plus a 2-week probationary period, this could take longer dependent on the learn and the End Point Assessment date. The training provider will endeavour to plan for the apprentice to complete the apprenticeship within this timeframe.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.