Business Administration Apprentice Station Road Surgery Coulter & Partners
The role of a Business Administration assistant is to support the office function of the surgery. This will include supporting various office functions including answering phones, completing administration functions and work on a computer, encouraging efficiencies.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2022
06 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the NHS, working with a dedicated team to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. An opportunity to join the NHS, delivering administrative and receptionist support to a doctors surgery in Heston. This is a fantastic start to your career if you are looking to get into secretarial, receptionist, administrative or a clinical based role.
- Greet and direct patients/visitors arriving for appointments
- Answer the telephone courteously and respond to all telephone inquiries
- Register new patients
- Check prescriptions
- Collect certain fees from patients
- Make new and follow-up appointments for patients over the telephone
- Ensure confidentiality on all matters
- Scan clinical correspondence using Docman (training to be provided)
- Receive and record new medical records arriving to the practice
- Prepare deduction summaries and print outs for patients who are moving to a new practice
- Take responsibility for ensuring the notice boards are tidy and updated regularly
- Filing and archiving
- Assist with the various recall programmes
- Assist any other members of the practice team with administrative duties to support them in delivering their role
- Sort and distribute post
- Create posters to advertise clinics and events
- Assist with research and develop the marketing of the Practice’s (NHS and Private) business via social media
- Take responsibility for designing and writing the surgeries patient newsletter
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Organisational and problem solving skills
- Verbal communication skills – ability to deal with people in person and on the telephone
- Ability to apply set procedures
- Accurate and thorough approach
- Comfortable working to agreed objectives
- Ability to work without supervision
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Outgoing, confident personality
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Mature outlook
- Interested in/aptitude for learning new skills/taking on new challenges
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4/A*-C, including English and maths.
This is a great start to your career if you are looking to get into the NHS.
Things to consider
Please consider the cost and length of time of your daily commute. We do not accept applications from registered patients of the practice.
Please note that this role may expire prior to the listed closing date if a suitable applicant is appointed.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Station Road Surgery aims to provide an excellent service of primary care in a caring and clinically competent manner. We work in consultation with patients aiming for shared decision-making.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Abigail Slack 07562649207 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 in Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing your administration skills.
The Qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Business Support services
- Marketing Support
- Project Management
- Supporting the organisation of events
- Customer Service
- Developing IT skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Information and Data
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process.
During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.