Hospitality Service Apprentice CAFE BLENDS LTD
Are you looking for a career in Hospitality? Café Blends in Evington, Leicester are offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join their Hospitality team as an Apprentice.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
16 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within this busy café.
You will learn all aspects of the business from cooking and preparing Breakfast and lunch, to preparing and serving cold and hot drinks using specialist equipment.
You will be required to complete a number of the below tasks as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the business:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself & the
- Maintain food safety when preparing, storing and serving food
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Prepare and serve food at the table
- Maintain and deal with customer accounts and payment
- Deal with arrival of customers
Your apprenticeship at Cafe Blends will be underpinned against the national standards by your apprenticeship training with Leicester College
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for work in the hospitality industry and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken
- Ability to work to deadlines/manage own workload
- Passionate about food
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use own initiative
No formal qualifications required, however GSCE Grade A- C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained towards the following qualifications.
QCF Certificate in Hospitality Service(NVQ)
Certificate in Certificate in Hospitality Service(VRQ)
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017