Service Administrator Apprentice Sylvester Keal
We are looking for an administration apprentice to join our growing team in North East Lincolnshire. You will be part of our service team working on a new tech project that will revolutionise our business for our staff, customers and suppliers. You will have an excellent work ethic, be resilient, confident and organised.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
12 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the planning, implementation and delivery of the project
- Organise and support business meetings
- Create, organise and maintain business files
- Ensure all correspondence and documents are filed accurately
- Follow up information required from customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Ensure compliance with data protection
- Postal duties for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Archiving and shredding in line with Data Protection policies
- Answering calls, taking messages, helping with queries
- Greeting customers and visitors professionally
- Completing administrative tasks accurately and efficiently
- Process general correspondence and reports as required
- Input and maintain Management Information Systems
- Process financial administration tasks
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure tasks are completed within the required timeframes
- Provide outstanding customer service
- General administrative duties to assist the team
Requirements and prospects
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Good face to face and telephone communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Digital and computer skills
- Proactive and problem solving
- Interested in technology
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Common Sense
- Flexible team player
The candidate will need to have GCSEs at grade A*-C/4-9 or functional skills level 2 in both English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
The post will require you to use IT and digital tools on a regular basis and so good digital skills are required.
Sylvester Keal has a good range of apprentices within its business from engineering to sales. They have a strong commitment to their apprenticeship programme and for the right candidate they are looking to develop this role into a career.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship is based on the South Humberside Industrial Estate in Grimsby so the apprentice will need to consider how they will commute to work each day.
About the employer
The Sylvester Keal Group provide a wide range of commercial kitchen services including commercial kitchen equipment, commercial kitchen installation, catering supplies and catering equipment repairs.
For the last 30 years they have supplied nursing homes, residential homes, schools, colleges, NHS trusts, restaurants, hotels & golf clubs with next day catering supplies. They are now one of the UK's leading food service equipment distributors.
They have a strong commitment to developing new talent and their apprenticeship programmes covers their engineering, service and sales teams.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cert Ltd
Simon King 01652 240554 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will undertake the Business Administrator Standard apprenticeship (L3) which is completed in the workplace. You will study both on and off the job with the support and guidance of a fully qualified apprenticeship coach.
Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
Functional Skills at Level 2 English and Maths (as required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.