Patient/Data Assistant Apprenticeship Vine Surgery
The Patient Assistant post is a multi-skilled position providing a high level of service to patients, internal and external clients and institutions. You will be focused on booking in patients, dealing with enquiries and accurately and efficiently carrying out a range of reception duties while assisting on Data entry.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Patient Assistant post is a multi-skilled position providing a high level of service to patients, internal and external clients and institutions. The post-holder:
- Works in Reception - booking patients on the appointments system; dealing with enquiries; advising on doctors’ and nurses’ availability; recording and passing messages on accurately and efficiently; carrying out a range of related reception duties as appropriate
- Works in Data – responsible for processing prescriptions and inputting and updating medical data for an agreed set of patients, and all related administrative tasks. General administrative and clerical duties as requested
- Receive and log-in patients and visitors when they enter the surgery
- Manage & process all patient appointments using EMIS Web computer system
- Deal with all patient enquiries relating to appointments, surgeries and clinics
- Covering for sickness and annual leave for colleagues
- Advise patients on availability of particular doctors/nurses
- Accept repeat prescription requests & queries; hand repeat prescriptions to patients
- Record requests for doctor visits / and Patient Summaries for visits
- Handle emergency requests for nominated doctor
- Relaying messages for doctors and administrative staff
- Set-up reception & systems in preparation for working day
- Ensure building security – particularly doors/windows/alarm after closing
- Sort all prescription requests, both electronic and manual
- Check and print out manual prescriptions with correct due date/quantities/strengths ready for doctors’ signature
- Check and process electronic prescriptions for doctors
- Record any acute prescriptions and pass to the nominated doctor for consideration
- Contact patients (when requested) to pass on doctor’s instructions and requests
- Add messages/instructions/date for future action to the medication screen
Requirements and prospects
- Word processing
- Good level of computer literacy
- Office equipment/copiers/switchboards/etc
- Familiarity with clinical records and appointment systems
- Can work accurately and calmly under pressure
- Must be responsible, versatile, flexible and enthusiastic
- Can work within clearly defined guidelines and protocols as well as able to use initiative
- Desire and willingness to learn
- Friendly & warm with ability to empathise with patients
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Professionally confident – able to work with all levels and members of the team
Maths and English at a grade 4/C (or equivalent).
Ability to pick up multiple skills and develop areas of interest. Primary Care has lots projects/pilots offered throughout the year and there is always the opportunity to lead on a project.
About the employer
Vine Surgery is made up of two GP Partnerships. We look after 13,000 patients with a team of GPs, Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. This is a very busy and sometimes challenging environment but provides many opportunities to develop interpersonal skills. You will work as part of a supportive and experienced team.
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Charlotte Denning 01934411594 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance of 2 workshops a month for the first 6 months.
- Assessor visits to the workplace once the workshops have finished to prepare you for your End Point Assessment
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both Maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both Numeracy and Literacy. This will include sitting an exam.
- You will be given 20% of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or Off the Job Training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor.
- End point assessment to achieve your final apprenticeship grade
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.