Horse Care Apprentice Cholwell
Cholwell Riding Stables is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join them as an equine apprentice. This role is excellent for those individuals who have a clear passion for working with horses and members of the public.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
02 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Cholwell Riding Stable are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is interested in a career in the equine industry.
You will be a self-starter, reliable and conscientious.
Within this role tasks will include:
- Dealing with the general public
- Feeding animals
- Livestock movement
- Preparing bedding
- Mucking out
- Horse care and management
- Cleaning yard
- Fencing and maintenance
- Riding and schooling
- Hacking and assisting
- Leading treks
- General yard work – as instructed by Donna
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career, learn lots of specialist skills and gain an apprenticeship qualification.
Requirements and prospects
The candidate must be:
- A confident and competent rider
- Physically fit
- Confident with large animals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a team or alone as appropriate
- Good verbal communication skills
- Be physically fit
- Be confident with large animals
- Must be a confident and competent rider
- A genuine interest in horses and their welfare
- Common sense
- Ability to use own initiative
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Flexible and reliable
- Healthy and fit to perform practical activities
- Our ideal candidate will have GCSE grades – two D/4s or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications)
On successful completion of your apprenticeship the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress onto become a level 3 apprentice and become an integral part of the team.
Things to consider
- You must ensure that you have suitable travel arrangements in place to get to/from work and to attend college
- The role can be physically demanding, and you will be outside in varying weather conditions
- You will need to be able to work in a professional manner, as you will spend most of your day around young children
- The expected duration of apprenticeship is 12 to 15 months - dependant on prior attainment
- This position is available for a swift start. The vacancy may therefore close swiftly IF a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest
- Please ensure that you are able to get to/from the employer and to Duchy College Stoke Climsland reliably
About the employer
We offer rides from one hour to two hours in length and lessons can be booked with our qualified instructors. We remain open all year round, offering riding seven days a week and are proud of the fact that we have a lot of regular riders from both near and far who have also become good friends. Riders of all ages are welcome and our wide selection of horses and ponies ensure you will be well looked after. We can take children out on the rides from the age of five. For the younger rider we can provide a little pony ride to ensure the whole family is happy!
We have a number of rides each day. Our rides are tailor made to cater for all abilities of rider. Our friendly, well trained staff will provide tuition and assistance making it a pleasurable experience for even the most novice or nervous rider. For the more able rider we can provide an exhilarating experience thanks to Dartmoor's unique terrain.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Duchy College
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Equine Groom qualification, before undertaking the final End Point Assessment
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace
- College attendance will be required at our Duchy College Stoke Climsland campus, so you will need to be able to get to this venue on a one day per week basis
- You will be required to undertake Functional Skills Level 1 in English and mathematics (if not already held)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.