Administration Apprentice Mfg Legal Services Ltd
With appropriate training and development, to provide comprehensive administrative support to the business.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks and Activities:
- To assist with appropriate administrative tasks, including the production of a variety of business correspondence such as letters and reports, to a high standard of quality and accuracy, in a consistent and efficient manner.
- To undertake suitable tasks as may be delegated by Line Managers, in accordance with firm procedure and policy.
- To assist with clerical tasks relating to the progression and completion of client matters, including the opening/closing of files, where needed.
- To carry out photocopying.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client papers as instructed.
- To enter client information onto the firm’s case management system and computer databases where required.
- To help ensure the effective running of the office through undertaking appropriate administrative and support duties as may be required from time to time.
- To generally assist colleagues in the office and provide any other support commensurate to the role.
Generic Responsibilities and Expected Standards:
- To assist with the implementation of good working practices, maintain a high standard of work and client service/care within your area of responsibility, in accordance with the firm’s policies, procedures and guidelines and/or as directed by your line manager.
- To use initiative on all matters.
- To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training course as and when required.
- To effectively demonstrate the firm’s Values and Behaviours at all times.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and assist other members of staff when required.
- To develop good working relationships with external institutions, organisations and other third parties.
- To ensure that any equipment supplied for the purpose of your work is used correctly, maintained and any defects/faults are reported.
- To ensure that Health & Safety principles and safe working practices are followed at all times. Employees have a legal duty that gives them responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that they do not endanger themselves or anyone else by their acts or omissions.
- To cooperate with the firm on Health & Safety matters and do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
- To keep areas of work clean and tidy.
- All employees have a responsibility to carry out their work with due regard for the environment.
Requirements and prospects
Organised and able to multi-task.
Not afraid to ask for help when unsure.
Honest and Integrity.
Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
GCSE Maths grade: C/4 or above or equivalent qualification.
GCSE English grade: C/4 or above or equivalent qualification.
Any others: ICT desirable at grade: C/4 or above or equivalent qualification.
Possible permanent role with the firm.
Things to consider
Location of work and commute.
About the employer
One of the leading regional full service law firms operating within Worcestershire, Shropshire and the West Midlands, mfg offers client services across eight core divisions:
- Private Client
- Residential Conveyancing
- Agricultural and Rural Affairs
- Civil Litigation
With roots dating back to 1556 – we are reputed to be one of the oldest firms in the land – we are proud of our history whilst equally passionate about the future.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Emma Southall 07570948670
Business Administration Standard L3.
End Point Assessment.
Functional Skills may be required.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.