Apprentice Administrator / Commercial Office Support Brandon Medical Company Limited
Want to work in a busy office environment where two days are never the same? You will be quickly exposed to a range of office duties and administrative functions, including Finance, Sales support, and Service. Using your strong organisation and IT skills will be essential in fulfilling this challenging (but rewarding) role.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working within a busy Commercial Office, you will be expected to undertake a range of administrative duties including raising orders, data entry, producing accurate quotes, chasing purchase orders etc. Data entry and information handling requires the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
You will handle phone calls and enquiries, determining the most appropriate colleague to handle customer queries/issues. Often you will be expected to handle customer queries yourself. The role is varied, and you will be part of a fast-paced team working with people from all levels throughout the organisation to assist with a diverse range of daily jobs.
Duties may include:
- Raising orders, quotations, and customer service cases
- Credit Control / Updating stock nominal codes/ Mileage & Advisory fuel Rates
- Updating ISO certificates & Product Liability Insurance certificates, and chasing Purchase Order acknowledgment dates
- Scanning, filing, shredding, post, and stationary orders
What you will gain from working in this type of environment is a breadth of transferrable skills relevant to a wide range of differing organisations/industries.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal and listening skills, with a good telephone manner
- Demonstratable organisational and problem-solving skills
- Competent IT skills and confident using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace challenges as an opportunity for personal growth
- A real people person with a passion for learning and finding better ways of doing things, contributing to the continuous improvement of our company
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to continue your career within the company, gaining further skills and experience in a busy Commercial Office and beyond (and potentially branching into other areas of our business).
We have our own in-house Research and Development team and Manufacturing facility, which create opportunities to expand your skills set.
Things to consider
Interviews may take place before the advertised interview date, and an offer may be made before the advertised start date, so please apply early.
The office is located in Morley please check your travel arrangements.
About the employer
Brandon Medical is a multi-award-winning medical technology company with many years of healthcare experience. Our medical lighting products, pendants, controls medical AV systems are used throughout the world, supported by an extensive distributor network. We carry out installation and commissioning work in hospitals.
LEARNING INNOVATIONS TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Innovations Training Team Limited
Steve Marshall 0791 8723 685 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Company In-house training, working with a trained team who will provide the time and attention not only to make you skilled within our area but more importantly 'supported'.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.