Apprentice Receptionist in City View Medical Practice Leads Medical Practice
This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike.
Closing date: 27 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at City View Medical Practice in Beeston, Leeds. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career as an apprentice receptionist/administrator, then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments
- Distributing prescriptions
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstration of patience and empathy
- Ability to deal with conflict
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English or equivalent desired but not essential
- Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting
Things to consider
- Can you get there within a reasonable time and cost?
- Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
This is a busy GP Practice serving the local community of Beeston. Providing healthcare and preventative treatments. Ensuring each patient individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything that we do.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
Claire Brown 011 467 7515 Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard: -
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner Qualification.
You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at City View Medical Practice.
The qualification will include:
Knowing your customer
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting the regulations and legislation
- System and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer Experience
- Product and Service Knowledge
You will also be required to pass:
Functional Skills maths Level 1/2
If you have not already achieved a GSCE Grade C/4 or equivalent in the above Functional Skills qualifications.
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion and observation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.