Customer Service Receptionist Apprentice DR R K Mathews
Interested in working within a medical practice? This could be the apprenticeship to kick start your career. Dr Mathews Practice are looking to recruit a confident, dynamic, and committed individual wanting begin a career within a Doctors surgery. If you are calm under pressure and can provide a high level of customer service then apply today!
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Dr Mathews Practice are looking to recruit a confident, dynamic, and committed individual with a genuine interest in beginning a career within a Doctors surgery. The successful candidate will be flexible, willing to cover leave and have the ability to work as part of a team in a busy and dynamic environment. The ability to remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of customer service and patient confidentiality at all times is paramount to this role.
This is a varied and interesting role covering all aspects of Medical Reception and Administration duties using SystmOne, ensuring that the reception area of the practice runs smoothly and provides the highest achievable levels of service to both patients and other members of the practice team including Doctors and Nurses.
Duties may include:
- Making appointments
- Prescription requests
- Giving out results
- Arranging home visits
- Contacting other providers
- Handling incoming mail
- Greeting and directing patients
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Handing out prescriptions
- Making appointments
- Responding to the needs of both Doctors and Nurses during surgery
- Health & Safety awareness (including handling samples)
- Fire Warden duties as and when necessary
- Collecting money from patients for non-NHS Services
- Inputting and extracting information from the practice computer system
- General housekeeping e.g. keeping the waiting areas and reception tidy
- Preparing the consulting rooms prior to surgery and tidying the rooms after surgery
- Mailing Post on a daily basis
- Open and close up the building as required
- Scanning letters in patients records on a daily basis and adding the appropriate read codes
- Summarising full patient records on receipt from the health authority
- Filing manual records when necessary and pulling manual records when necessary from Records Archive Room
- Dealing with requests for repeat prescriptions
- Raising prescriptions as per the practice protocols
- Dealing with any queries relating to repeat prescriptions
- Completing and sending referral letters and proformas
- Actioning SystmOne tasks on a daily basis
- Handling Medical/Insurance Reports, ensuring all details completed, photocopy records and post
- Registering new patients and managing patient deductions and sending of notes via the courier
Requirements and prospects
- Good face to face and telephone communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Good ICT skills
- Solid work ethic
- Friendly and approachable
- Team player
- Ability to deal with violent and aggressive patients
- Ability to work alone efficiently
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential as training towards Functional Skills Level 2 will be provided where this level is not met.
- Future prospects with the company
- Progression to Level 3 Customer Service Specialist standard
About the employer
Dr R K Mathews Practice is a forward-thinking and innovative provider of primary care services. The practice’s mission is to provide a first-class primary care service to the people of Grimsby and surrounding area.
It will seek to innovate in its use of resources, both human and technical, in order to maintain its delivery of a high-quality service during a period of rising patient demand and changing financial circumstances.
DR R K Mathews
AVANT PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Avant Partnership Limited
Paul Robinson or Vikki Piper 01472 426624 email@example.com
- Level 2 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship Standard
As part of the Level 2 Customer Service Practictioner apprenticeship standard, you will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours which will support you for your end-point assessment. You will take part in a combination of activities, such as face-to-face classroom-based sessions, remote learning sessions, work shadowing and online learning, to support your learning and development and compile a portfolio of evidence.
The successful candidate will be required to attend the Avant Skills Academy Training Centre based in Central Grimsby every other week to undertake training sessions, throughout the length of the apprenticeship. If you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 (C) in English and Maths, you will be required to complete Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths.
Apprenticeships are about upskilling and reaching occupational competency takes time. Many employers and apprentices have praised the positive effect off-the-job training has on their productivity and apprentices feel valued by the significant investment in their training. All off-the-job training must be relevant to the Apprenticeship Standard being undertaken. Your off-the-job training will be agreed with your employer and Avant before you commence your programme.
At the end of the on programme learning, you will be required to undertake an end-point
assessment to demonstrate you have met the occupational standard. This includes:
- Apprentice Showcase
- Practical Observation
- Professional discussion
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.