Customer Service / Internal Sales Team Member (Engineering Industry) Apprenticeship Vulcan Engineering Ltd
Do you want to work for one of South Yorkshire’s best engineering employers? If you want to use your engineering skills and learn all about an outstanding business, THIS is the Apprenticeship for you! Start your successful career here…
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
06 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Do you want to join a modern, forward thinking and exceptional employer?
Now is the time to take the next step towards becoming a valued member of one of the biggest and best employers in the area, Vulcan Engineering!
The successful candidate will continue their studies with industry specialists, RNN Group, giving you the training you need to become an all-rounded and qualified team member.
Committed to staff development, Vulcan Engineering have the perfect values to help make your dream a reality, providing excellent in house training that compliments your academic studies.
You’ll develop your skills alongside experienced Vulcan Engineering employees, learning a variety of duties to support the Internal sale and customer service team!
You’ll work alongside the Customer Services Manager to ensure the workload within the department is completed with minimal error and maximum efficiency and provide excellent customer service at all times.
This Apprenticeship will teach you how to:
- Efficiently process all customer orders and enquiries with minimal error
- Use effective communication with customers when dealing with telephone enquiries
- Handle all customer complaints professionally and to company procedures
- Communicate to the Team Leader or Manager any system/ process issues
- Ensure quotations are followed up as per the current procedures
- Advise customers of any potential sales order delays
- Ensure stock levels and Backorders are managed to avoid disruption to the Business
- Contribute to KPI deck and reviewing with Customer Services Manager.
- Send weekly report circulation.
- Become part of the Vulcan Engineering family
- Assist with Health and Safety law
If you are eager and ready to take your first step into a career then please apply now! These Apprenticeships are highly sought after, so don’t miss your chance!
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service values
- To be professional at all times
- Time management and organisational skills- i.e., work under pressure to meet deadlines
- To be able to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- IT skills/Computer Literate
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Can Do Attitude
- To be able to put together professional email responses to customers
- Make and take decisions
- Ability to handle customer complaints
- GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
Progression to industry specialist qualifications – further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry.
Things to consider
This is a successful business that has a very busy workload. They are looking for someone who can listen/learn and use their own initiative to quickly become a valued member of the team.
About the employer
Vulcan Engineering is the world’s leading specialist in the design and manufacture of mechanical seals and support systems since 1986.
Vulcan Engineering have a proven Apprenticeship support package and heavily into their staff. They provide many opportunities for Apprenticeships in their business and drive forward to ensure they have the best talent South Yorkshire has on offer for their Sheffield branch.
If you would like to join a vibrant, forward thinking, innovative and excellent business, Vulcan Engineering are the company for you.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rotherham College of Arts & Technology
Danny Blachford 07580 874 231 email@example.com
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 (Standard)
- Functional Skills if Required
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.