HR Support Apprentice Launceston College
Launceston College are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join them as a HR Support Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
26 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide effective, efficient and pro-active administrative and general support to the HR/Payroll Assistants, the Payroll Manager and MAT HR Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To support the team to provide a professional and confidential administrative service within the HR department including word processing, maintaining spreadsheets, correspondence, preparing resources, reports, publications and other documents as required
- To carry out a variety of administrative activities in the safer recruitment process and assist the HR Administrators in:
- Tracking requisitions for posts and upcoming vacancies as required
- Registering application forms and contacting candidates
- Requesting, tracking and collating references
- Requesting and tracking new employment health questionnaires
- Receiving telephone calls, accurately recording and passing on messages, prioritising, investigating and responding to queries
- Sort, distribute and administer incoming and outgoing mail
- Photocopying and document collation
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive filing systems in accordance with Data Protection and legislative requirements, including archiving
- Using the College's computerised system (SIMS) to update and maintain records
- Input and maintain manual and computer-based personnel and payroll record systems, including data transfer, inputting data and the extraction/input of information as required, ensuring data is added and maintained accurately
- To update and maintain employee records in accordance with Data Protection legislative requirements and to maintain filing systems and paper records for payroll and other HR related documentation
- Assist with the administration of new starters probation periods
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects throughout the year as/when they arise
- To support the wider administrative function of the team in filing, photocopying, maintaining office equipment and covering other wider administration duties/functions if deemed necessary
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures including the MAT's Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct, national legislation (including Health and Safety, Data Protection)
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate and undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required
Requirements and prospects
- A practical working knowledge of IT applications, inclusive of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good administration skills
- Good interpersonal/verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Professional, tactful, discreet and confidential
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Energetic, self-motivated, pro-active and takes ownership
- Demonstrates an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Sense of humour
GCSEs or equivalent to include maths and English at C/4 or above.
There may be opportunities for further development, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Launceston College is part of the Launceston College Multi Academy Trust (Trust) alongside Altarnun Primary, Atlantic Academy, Bideford College, Egloskerry Primary and Launceston Primary School (opening in September 2021).
Our Trust aims for young people to become happy, responsible and successful by learning the knowledge, skills and values which are important for society. We seek to develop adventurous students, who have the character, resilience and self-awareness required to be successful. We have exceptionally high aspirations for our students and seek to support them no matter what their background or circumstances. We offer a distinctively broad, personalised and academically rigorous curriculum across our primary and secondary schools, and aspire to the highest standards of teaching and learning.
As a Trust we share information and best practices to ensure we focus on an excellent and sustainable 0-19 learning journey for children, with a strong focus on our school and Trust community. The Trust offers expert guidance and advice to students to help them shape and achieve the very best that they can. We have a teaching and learning strategy which provides an overarching intent for the highest standards across learning environments, aspiration challenge and support, subject expertise and deep thinking and learning.
We seek applicants who are aligned to our aim and vision and have the talent and passion to deliver that vision successfully. We support all our schools with our Trust-wide leadership and management, teaching and learning, school improvement, financial, administrative, estates, safeguarding and HR expertise. We are looking for professional staff who can support the delivery of an exceptional education for the young people in our care.
Our College Launceston College is a large and established 11-18 secondary school in Launceston, Cornwall. The belief at Launceston College is that the most vital part of any school is the people who make it what it is. Our students enjoy being part of our school community and we have a strong team of staff at the College who are united in encouraging students to work hard, to achieve their best and to respect others. To do this, we believe that students need to be fully challenged and supported within a caring environment. We believe that students should have all their achievements recognised, acknowledged and given credit; no child, however, should ever take away another child's right to a high-quality education. The College is therefore run in a well-disciplined, orderly and respectful manner; we have rules and we expect students to follow them. Our very high expectations for standards of behaviour from all students were recognised by Ofsted in their most recent inspection who judged the behaviour of our students to be "outstanding". We are committed to the pursuit of individual excellence and achievement whilst ensuring that no-one is left behind. We believe in the education of the whole person and try to provide a range of experiences which promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our students; we are an accredited "Adventure Learning School" and provide a wide range of adventurous learning opportunities both inside the curriculum and beyond.
We will offer:
- A modern, well equipped expanding college with outstanding facilities
- A large team of dedicated and committed staff
- A culture which seeks to be fair, developmental and supportive of staff and pupils
- A large support network across the primary and secondary settings
- A focus on staff wellbeing
- Generous pension and holidays
- Attractive pay and opportunities to develop skills across the Trust
- Support from cross Trust systems and leaders
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Chelsea Cooke 01209 616452
You will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in HR Support.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College, St. Austell on a weekly basis.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.