Apprentice Claims Assistant LUCAS CLAIMS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
The Claims team assistant is responsible for the effective and accurate processing of claims information onto the claims systems, as well as assisting the senior claims handlers process customers claims in accordance with client service level agreements and internal key performance indicators to ensure the best outcomes for our clients.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Provide assistance to Team manager, Team supervisor and Claims Handlers where necessary
- Answer inbound calls from policyholders and clients where necessary
- Ensure claims are processed in a timely manner in accordance with KPI’s
- Monitor claims team email inbox
- Allocate emails/hard copy post to relevant files
- Communicate with policyholders, clients, insurers, loss adjusters and other relevant parties to ensure good relationships are maintained
- Liaise with suppliers
- Ensure company records are maintained on all claims
- Ensure system tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure post/communications are responded to in a timely manner
- Escalate any complaints or expressions of dissatisfaction to the team manager or senior claims supervisor
- Maintain the company’s ethical and moral principles throughout every aspect of the role
- Ensure adherence to client’s key objectives
Requirements and prospects
You will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- General insurance principles and practice Knowledge and understanding of the insurance market and the basic principles of insurance
- Managing relationships, the ability to establish effective working relationships both internally, with brokers and with other business partners
- Decision making/assertiveness ability to make sound judgement based upon available information and reason and justify decisions to others
- Planning and organising ability to effectively plan and organise workload in order to meet business objectives
- Communication skills ability to present and receive both verbal and written information in an effective manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Intermediate IT skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment, to hit daily/weekly/monthly targets
- Good work ethic
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Not afraid to know when to ask for help or ask questions
English & maths, C grades (new grade 4) or equivalent.
Permanent position for the right candidate upon completion of their apprenticeship.
About the employer
LCS is a loss adjusting and third-party administrator (TPA) provider handling property, motor, and liability claims on behalf of insurers, MGA’s and brokers. LCS deal with thousands of claims each year from first notification of loss through to settlement. As part of the Service Solutions Group LCS have access to its own in-house building repair network, home emergency service and cosmetic repair division operating from offices in Holywood (NI), Preston, Telford and Basildon.
LUCAS CLAIMS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Andrea Gregory 07764 969 337 firstname.lastname@example.org
TheLightBulb will deliver the Level 3 Business Admin Standard.
You will need to attend 4 workshops remotely via Zoom.
To include 20% off the job training.
In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.