Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice J Docter Ltd
J Docter are looking for an Apprentice Pharmacy Dispenser to work towards a Health and Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will require both face to face sessions at Walsall College as well as virtual sessions. Candidates must be able to commute to Walsall College.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The range of duties is broad, but may include the following:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to think proactively and have the desire to learn
- Computer skills useful and the ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Honest & reliable
- Have the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
- GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English or equivalent qualifications
A successful apprenticeship will possibly lead to a full-time permanent contract.
About the employer
We offer high quality pharmacy services built on years of experience and customer satisfaction.
Our fully qualified staff are on hand to give you professional advice on all aspects of your health.
We dispense both NHS and private prescriptions in store.
We offer a range of services through our branches. You can come straight in to see us, no appointment is necessary.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship standard
Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only). Some sessions may be remote.
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.