Business and Administration Apprentice Level 3 Victor Welsh Solicitor & Notary Public
Telephone Receptionist / Business Administrator. An exciting new opportunity with a possible immediate start for an enthusiastic and confident individual to join their expanding firm. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Victor Welsh Solicitor and Notary Public is looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with good personal and communication skills, the ability to show initiative and be a team player in a busy working environment.
The work gives access to confidential and sensitive personal and commercial information on clients and the Apprentice must be of the highest integrity and understand and comply with data protection law and practice in the utmost detail. The Apprentice will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and comply with the terms set out in that agreement.
The Apprentice’s role will include answering all inbound telephone calls and taking enquiries from clients and potential clients including putting calls through to the relevant solicitor, and if the solicitor is not available to take a direct call, taking contact details of the client or potential client to arrange a call back as soon as possible.
The Apprentice will be required to make a number of outbound telephone calls in order to assist the solicitors in making appointments and dealing with their clients generally.
Training will be provided and the Apprentice will be required to read from a telephone script when answering the telephone.
The role will also include assisting the Notary Public, Mr Victor Welsh, with Notary clients including booking Notarial appointments and preparing Notarial documents and records.
Ongoing training will be provided to the Apprentice in all aspects of the role and the Apprentice will liaise with their mentor at Jarvis Training Management Ltd in that regard.
The Apprentice must be clear, concise when talking to clients on the telephone. The Apprentice must be polite and patient at all times when dealing with clients. This is essential as a large number of Notary clients have a limited English vocabulary and can be difficult to understand.
Qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration. However, the firm values highly a person’s enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skill sets.
The role will include, but is not restricted to:
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional, efficient manner, taking and forwarding messages when necessary
- Making Notarial appointments with existing and new clients and liaising with the Notary Public
- Opening, sorting and routing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
- Recording details of all incoming and outgoing mail using the online postal register
- Operating office machines such as the photocopier, scanner and facsimile
- Photocopying, collating and distributing documents for staff across the organisation
- Preparing and filing documents accurately and promptly
- Maintaining and updating the filing system
- Archiving of files and paperwork
- Greeting and meeting visitors
- Basic IT Skills
Requirements and prospects
- Work well under pressure
- Be outgoing with friendly disposition
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Have a desire to learn all aspects of Business and Administration
- Be well presented at all times
- Be punctual
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have a willingness to learn all aspects of Business and Administration
- Have the confidence to use own initiative
GCSE maths and English A-C/7-4 (or equivalent) preferred, but not essential.
Once the full time Apprenticeship is completed and depending upon how the Apprentice has performed during their Apprenticeship there may be a possibility of furthering their career with the firm or progressing to a higher-level apprenticeship.
About the employer
Victor Welsh has worked in the Solicitor and Notary Public in Liverpool for more than 30 years, building up a solid reputation in the legal industry, and has a considerable expertise in a range of legal disciplines, backed up by direct experience. Approachable, and offering expert advice in a way that is easy to understand. Victor seeks to identify the key issues at an early stage and focus on how to deal with them in a cost-effective way.
JARVIS TRAINING MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Jarvis Training Management Ltd
Ciara Nolan 0151 3369340 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills - maths, English and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.