Apprentice Chef White Swan Hotel
As an apprentice chef, you will be working under the head chef to prepare dishes to a high standard. A positive and flexible approach to work in a busy kitchen alongside a passion for quality and cleanliness are a must.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Nov 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Fantastic opportunity to work alongside locally renowned chef – Jason Reeves, previously The Feversham Arms Helmsley, The Black Swan amongst other well-known high standard eateries.
Jason sources ingredients within a 25 mile radius to produce a bespoke, seasonal menu that includes a wide variety of meals.
As an apprentices chef, you will support Jason with service, but also learn how to forage and menu plan. Jason wants someone passionate about good food to share his ambition of putting The White Swan Inn on the map for foodies!
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in a busy kitchen is desirable, along with skills such as preparing produce, filleting etc.
- A food hygiene certificate would be advantageous.
- A real passion for food and fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods
- Flexibility within the role - willing to help out in other areas when needed
- Effective and confident communicator
- There is a requirement for candidates to have English and Maths GCSEs at grade 3/D or an equivalent Level 1 English and maths functional skills qualification.
- Opportunities for work on completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
The White Swan Inn is in Newton Upon Rawcliffe, which is 5 miles from Pickering. There are no public transport links so the apprentice must be able to drive or have their own transport arrangements in place.
- The start date will be agreed upon appointment
- Initially you will be contacted by York College to confirm your commitment and suitability for the role. If we are unable to contact you, you will not be considered for the position
- Please note: most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application
- We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings
- The vacancy will close once a suitable applicant has been appointed
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Rural pub and restaurant with 35 covers, serving real ales and fresh locally sourced produce. 42 pitch caravan park on site with all year pitches.
Family run business with emphasis on serving excellent food and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Business Partnerships 01904 770368 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Method of Delivery
- Delivery will be in partnership with employers and will adopt a blended learning approach of on and off the job training. Apprentices receive training and mentoring in the workplace and knowledge, skills and behaviour development at York College through a combination of classroom/workshop based activities. Apprentices will attend College one day a week.
End Point Assessment
Apprentices must pass the End Point Assessment in order to achieve the Apprenticeship Certificate which comprises of the following:
- 60 minute on demand test
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
- On successful completion apprentices could progress on to the Senior Production Chef or Chef de Partie Apprenticeship or into a more senior role within the Organisation.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.