Apprentice Customer Service Assistant Venuedirectory Com
venuedirectory.com is an expanding business offering an interesting Customer Service Apprenticeship. Joining our busy team, this will be a fantastic experience for someone who is keen to learn and develop their skills with expert training and support. If this sounds like something you’d love to do, please apply now!
Closing date: 12 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.25
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is great opportunity to learn how to display a professional courteous manner, work to strict deadlines and remain calm and professional in a pressurised and busy environment.
The role is varied and typically you will be learning about:
- Responding to client queries either over the phone or via email
- Contacting venues who have received enquiries and providing any and all assistance required by them in completing the enquiry process
- Providing support to clients using our web portal, handling any and all assistance they may need in completing the enquiry process
- Subscription Process for the UK and International venues
- Data entry for the Venue database and the Supplier database; data matching and data cleansing; data reports and projects as required
- Maintenance of venues within myeventschannel.com
- Enquiry chasing for web user enquiries
- Supporting on marketing campaigns and exhibitions preparations as required
- General administration duties will include handling the post, ordering stationery, updating the car parking rota, filing and faxing
- Assisting in the preparation of mail campaigns as instructed by the Operations Manager
Requirements and prospects
- An enthusiastic personality with the ability to learn fast and grow within the role
- Excellent communication skills and a positive telephone manner
- A team player
- Able to take direction and show a willingness to learn
- Competent IT skills and accuracy
- Keen to learn and take pride your work
- Committed to the apprenticeship opportunity
- Friendly with a good sense of humour
- Reliable, adaptable and punctual
- 4 GCSEs at grade D/3 and above or equivalent, which must include English and maths
- Progression to a higher level qualification and a permanent role
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A great culture and team environment. We nurture natural talent and want to make the most of our employees’ abilities. Comfortable and spacious office environment in the heart of Bournemouth.
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Bournemouth & Poole College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an EMAIL invitation from The College. This is not an interview for the job but is an integral part of our recruitment process.
About the employer
venuedirectory.com has been established for 25 years and is the market leader in providing online interactive venue data to corporate and agency buyers of Meetings, Incentives, Conference & Events. Operating various business channels including internet based directories and a software booking system, the company markets to individual and group venues around the world.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
You will receive the majority of your training on the job and will be required to attend college on a term time day release basis throughout the apprenticeship.
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills English and maths Level 2 (if required)
Whilst undertaking your apprenticeship with us you will be mentored by one of our Venue Support Administrators and the Support Services Manager to ensure that you are able to make the most out of your opportunity.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.