Apprentice Graphic Designer and Business Administrator J V L Homeware Solutions
This is an exciting opportunity to work for JVL undertaking varied duties. As the apprentice Graphic Designer, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager and the team to develop their own personal skills and gain experience in many areas including: GDPR, compliance, publishing, marketing and design.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The ideal candidate will be someone who will grow in their role with the potential to develop into a full time Graphic Designer.
Supporting the Marketing Manager as follows:
Graphic design duties:
- Using graphic techniques to create drafts/concepts using illustrator or InDesign
- Pitching creative concepts
- Creating and updating graphics for both print and digital use. These will include: brochures, social media banners, reports, infographics, internal newsletter and ad hoc design requirements
- Create flyers for new products and offers
- Packaging designs such as swing tags and boxes
- Designing website banners and social media content
- Understanding project requirements and ideas
- Create and edit images
- Motion graphics
- Create graphics for some video and social assets for all different platforms
- Use illustrator, InDesign, photoshop and video editor
- Deal with general administrative graphic design/marketing tasks
- Dealing with customers over the telephone in a professional manner.
- Be the first point-of-contact for all administrative graphic design/marketing tasks
- Work to deadlines/timescales
- Using Microsoft Packages in particular Word, Outlook, Excel
- Print/email reports
- Monitor emails and respond to internal enquiries
- Data handling including GDPR compliance checks and updates
- Handling of incoming calls and queries
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
Apprenticeship Programme Requirements:
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions.
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required.
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required.
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Good MS office skills Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience using the main social media platforms as well email and the web
- Digital organisational skills, including computerised file and folder organisation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm, reliability, flexibility and self-motivation
- Good attention to detail
- Creative frame of mind
- Strong administration skills
- Creative cloud software knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe suite
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure
- Have an excellent eye for detail and strong proofreading skills
- Creative and technologically savvy
- Willing to learn and eager to progress with a passion for a future as a graphic designer
- Organised, personable and proactive
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure
- Be enthusiastic, with a flexible approach to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Should be punctual as well as having an excellent attendance record
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Personal organisation skills including good time keeping and workspace management
- GCSE in Maths, English grade C/4 or equivalent
- Desirable to have a Degree in Graphic Design or Marketing
- Any other relevant qualification
- Experience working in an office based, retail or customer focussed environment, ideally 1 year
- A or AS Level in Media and or Graphic Design
- Any design qualifications
- Experience of working in another environment would also be considered if you have a passion for graphic design
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position (subject to availability), following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship programme.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
The company is located Mytholmroyd.
Please check time it will take to travel as well as costs.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Homeware Solutions based in UK, specialises in selling homeware & household products.
J V L Homeware Solutions
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 email@example.com
Overview of Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The standard covers the following:
- The organisation
- Value of their skills
- Relevant regulations
- Business fundamentals
- External environmental factors
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Personal Qualities
- Managing performance
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved. You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.