Apprentice Office Administrator Trojan Plastics Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of Europe’s largest bath manufacturers undertaking a variety of office duties with progression opportunities. You will be working with a small, hardworking and friendly team in modern offices.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Answering phone calls – divert calls to the relevant person/ department – taking accurate messages where necessary
- Must have a pleasant telephone manner
- General filing
- Manages outgoing post (Frank the post)
- Picking and packing fittings for despatch/ booking courier
- Respond to emails when required
- Match delivery notes
- Help process orders when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Help contact customers to book in deliveries when required
- Confident using a computer – Microsoft office - Word and Excel
- Assist the Sales/ Customer Service department whenever necessary
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Maintain the office and visitor areas to a high standard.
- Ordering and managing stationery supplies
- Ensure printers and photocopiers are topped up with paper at the end of the day ready for the next working day
- Collect lunches for visitors when required
- Help provide refreshments for the sales office staff during the day
- Ensure kitchen is stocked with tea/coffee/sugar/ milk etc.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme - your employer will also support you with these requirements.
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Grade C/4 or above or Functional/Key Skills Level 2 in maths and English is required
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus/train.
Please check cost and time it will take to travel.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Trojan has a reputation for manufacturing baths of the highest quality
Since Trojan was founded in 1975 the philosophy of the company has remained the same: produce a quality product using the best possible materials. Our skilled craftsmen take great pride in their work to ensure you have the best possible bathing experience. Our obsession with quality is complemented by our policy of continual investment in new equipment. This combined approach means we are now one of the leading bath manufacturers in the world.
Built to last, all baths come with a 25-year guarantee
The best price for a high-quality product
In a range of sizes for maximum enjoyment
Recognises the concern with space
Trojan Plastics Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 email@example.com
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.