Level 3 Business Administrator Apprentice Bridgwater & Taunton College
The core function of this role is to provide excellent customer and administrative service within the distance learning team. Daily tasks will include providing an excellent level of customer service, liaising with key stakeholders and key employer accounts, and support other activities within the team.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
21 Sep 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Daily tasks will include
Providing an excellent level of customer service, liaising with key stakeholders and key employer accounts, liaising with the Marketing team to monitor and feedback on campaigns, to support other activities within the team, applications, student contact and to drive the growth in these sectors of the distance learning team, managing and maintaining relevant systems
- Liaise with employers to respond to their requests for information
- Ensure all leads and new business opportunities are followed up
- Deal with enquiries, responding professionally with appropriate written correspondence or verbal communication
- Support meetings and events, open evenings and commercial activity, both on and off-site as required
- Ensure data entry is carried out on a regular basis to a high level of accuracy, and to check and review data entries and make corrections/additional inputs based on communications with staff or employers
- Administrate the distance learning process and ensure applications and introductions are processed in a timely manner
- Liaise with key internal teams including MIS, Marketing, Quality and Finance
- Undertake document production including word processing of correspondence, presentation development, updating internal College databases including the CRM and spreadsheet information for the Head of Distance Learning and members of the College Management Team or Area Management Team
- Ensure publicity materials/stationery are up to date and sufficient quantities are available
- Maintain filing systems, updating manual and computerised files on a timely basis.
- Archive records as required
- Distribute post for the Distance Learning Team and deliver outgoing mail to the post room in a timely manner
- Attend CPD events and team meetings as appropriate
- Check tutor salary claim forms for accuracy
- Administer the Level 3 Distance Learning courses and special projects as required
- Use the College systems to order stationary, workbooks, travel and accommodation Any other duties connected with the post as are reasonably required from time to time
- Support and promote equality and diversity at the College to ensure equality of opportunity for all students, visitors and staff and the elimination of discriminatory practices
- Support and promote the safeguarding agenda at the College to ensure students, visitors and staff are safeguarded
Requirements and prospects
- Have proven experience of providing excellent customer service
- Can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible and supportive approach to dealing with customers being friendly and outgoing
- High levels of IT literacy including Microsoft Office applications and bespoke databases
- Have experience of working within a demanding environment and/or to targets
- Have an ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail with excellent written and spoken English
- Have a positive outlook and an ability to embrace change
- Can demonstrate an ability to follow procedures, follow instructions and anticipate priorities
- Willing and able to travel to external venues Be able to evidence excellent team working skills, working flexibly and supportively as part of a team
- Evidence of good planning and organisational skills, creative, optimistic and credible
- Have an understanding of the needs of customers and how these needs may be met by Bridgwater & Taunton College
- Have experience in a customer service or training/education environment
- Have experience of using bespoke computer systems or willingness to learn
- Have an understanding and/or experience of the Education Sector and its current key challenges/opportunities
The success of Bridgwater & Taunton College rests on a very strongly felt and shared set of values which determine its strategic direction. It is absolutely crucial that the successful candidate shares of values of student-centredness, equality of opportunity and parity of esteem for staff and students.
They must enjoy working within the team philosophy of the College and working collaboratively. At Bridgwater and Taunton College we are:
- Passionate and excited about learning
- Highly responsive to learner, employer and community needs
- Always aspiring to the highest standards
- Professional and enterprising
- Innovative and creative
- Friendly and welcoming
- An inclusive organisation
GCSE’s in the A* - C (4 – 9) range or equivalent. Completion of an initial assessment at College, which will help to decide on the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Things to consider
37 hours per week, all year round, fixed-term – until completion of the Apprenticeship £9,029 per annum / £173 per week (First year apprentice rate) 16-18-year-old £11, 865 per annum / £228 per week 18-20 year old
The successful candidate will be expected to work 37 hours per week. Normal working hours will be between 8:30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4.30pm on Friday. Some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the department in agreement with your line manager.
This is a fixed-term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship dependant of the duration of the framework. Annual Leave The holiday year runs from 1 September - 31 August each year. The annual leave entitlement for this role is 21 working days, plus 8 bank holidays. Annual leave is bookable and flexible, subject to business needs and should be planned and agreed with your manager. Annual leave of 1 days will be required to be booked for the Christmas closure.
Pre-employment Checks Any offer of employment will be subject to employment references, medical clearance and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance (see below for further details of the disclosure procedure).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard - Business Administrator:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT, if required (exemptions apply)
An initial assessment will need to take place in order to decide on the appropriate training package. Support to develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence within the Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.