Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice Bretton Community Pre School
To work alongside other practitioners to support the day to day running of the setting by working hard involved with routine tasks and activities and experiences that are stimulating and engaging to support children’s learning, development, and wellbeing. You will safeguard all children and ensure their needs are met.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our Pre School setting has a position available for an Apprentice to join our team providing quality childcare for children aged 2 – 5 years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a caring nature, committed to providing quality childcare.
To work alongside other practitioner to support the day to day running of the setting by working hard involved with routine tasks and activities and experiences that are stimulating and engaging to support children’s learning, development, and wellbeing.
You will safeguard all children and ensure their needs are met.
Job title: Pre school Assistant.
Responsible to: Manager.
Purpose of the job: To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Safeguarding requirement: Bretton Community Pre school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
- To support meal times within the setting
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager. The post holder is also expected to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to fulfilling their duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good organisational skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Ability to work and resolve issues independently
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Thinking of improved ways of doing things
- Previous childcare experience
- GCSE A*-C/9-4 grade in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- For a successful candidate there may be the opportunity to progress to a permanent position within the business
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
About the employer
Bretton Community Pre-School is a charitable business, run by a committee. We are open from 8.45am-3pm Monday to Friday during term time only.
We currently take children from two and a half upto four years +.
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Stacey Mason firstname.lastname@example.org
Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work based meaning you spend the majority of time within the workplace but will be released into college periodically if needed.
The apprentice will work towards either of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner (Educator) (Achieved alongside the Early Years Educator Level 3 standard)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.