School Administrator Apprentice Layfield Primary School
Under the instruction / guidance of senior staff undertake general administrative / financial support to the school.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
16 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assist in arrangements for school trips/events etc
- Provide general/clerical administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, completion of standard forms, respond to routine correspondence
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. pupils data
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Take notes at meetings
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake administrative procedures
- Maintain and collate pupil reports
- Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other uses of school premises
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, Internet)
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Operate uniforms/snack/other ‘shops’ within the school
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing orders
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure Equal Opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to Equal Opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory
Safeguarding - Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People:
- To demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, staff and volunteers
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of safeguarding and safer recruitment policies and procedures, and their application within an educational setting/environment
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Effective use of ICT packages
- Use of relevant equipment/resources
- Good keyboard skills
- Knowledge of relevant policies/code of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Ability to identify own training and development needs and be willing to address these
- Positive approach to customer care
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Self motivated
- Reliable and punctual
- A commitment to working as part of the whole school team and supporting the vision and aims of the school
- NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business Administration Level 2 OR appropriate experienced
- Willingness to participate in training and development opportunities
- GCSE Maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
Opportunity to progress to a full time position.
About the employer
Layfield Primary School is a community school for children between the ages of 3 and 11. We are a happy and caring school where children thrive, families are supported, and everyone is included.
Built in 1982 to serve the growing town of Yarm, the school is situated in the heart of the Layfield estate to the south west of the town. Pupils are predominately from this area of Yarm but we also have pupils who travel from other areas of Yarm, the surrounding villages and Ingleby Barwick.
The school has well maintained grounds within which there are large playground areas, a field, wildlife area and gardening plots. The site is completely secure and children can play in safety, grow their own fruit and vegetables, and enjoy being outside. The school building was extended in April 2010, and boasts a state of the art Early Years setting with it’s own outdoor area plus a private Day Care and Out of School Club which are managed by Action for Children. A range of activities for the community are also available on site.
We are part of a cluster of schools in Yarm. This is a group of schools who work closely together - sharing ideas and activities for the children. The cluster introduces our pupils to others from the local area and allows them to integrate through joint learning activities, shared visits and numerous sports events. Our cluster includes Conyers School which is our nearest secondary school. Our pupils benefit from visits to take part in activities and to use their facilities.
We are part of The 1590 Trust (a Multi-Academy Trust). We work closely with our partner schools: Kirklevington Primary, Levendale Primary, Bewley Primary, Bader Primary and Conyers School.
We are a very successful school where children are provided with experiences to enrich and stimulate learning. We foster each individuals unique talents and encourage everyone to do their best.
In March 2018, we were inspected by Ofsted, and were delighted to achieve the overall grade of ‘Good’. The inspectors were particularly impressed by the behaviour of our pupils, the commitment of our staff and high standards of teaching, levels of progress and learning, and the positive comments made by parents.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Redcar & Cleveland College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills Maths and English, if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.