Apprentice Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant THE HUB PHARMACY LIMITED
You will work to provide excellent patient service through greeting and serving customers on the pharmacy counter whilst also supporting the dispensary team. Patient care is at the heart of everything we do, and this role is an important responsibility.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our healthcare assistants provide excellent patient service through greeting and serving customers on the pharmacy counter and in the self-care retail area. They are responsible for ensuring appropriate sale of medicines in conjunction with the pharmacist and for following all in-pharmacy procedures in order to maintain patient safety and integrity.
Our healthcare assistants also support the dispensary team and may provide healthy-living services to patients if they have undertaken relevant training.
Patient care is at the heart of everything we do and this role is an important responsibility. In return, we will train and develop you into a confident team member who can provide excellent patient service in a pharmacy environment.
- Be the first port of call to patients
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- To have a patient and sympathetic manner but also be friendly, as you will play a vital part in helping strengthen our bond in the community
- To use discretion and be tactful when discussing confidential information
- Methodical and organised and be able to carry out administrative roles
- Good communication skills
- The ability to remain calm when under pressure and maintain a high level of concentration
- Good attention to detail as you will be dealing with medication
- To be able to work as part of a team
- If you have worked in a retail environment, then that would be an advantage
- A desire to work within the field of pharmacy and to enjoy working with people
- Willingness to learn and develop
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Upon completing this apprenticeship, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification
Things to consider
- There will be long periods of activity throughout the day
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Hub Pharmacy is a pharmacy company with a difference. Built from an idea by our CEO, Steve Jeffers, the vision is to create a clinically-focused pharmacy company which strives to improve the health of every single one of our patients.
This vision is recognised in everything that we do, through our pharmacy teams, through the way we treat our patients, through the clinical services we offer and even through the way our pharmacies are designed and built. We treat all our patients the same, whether or not we see them face-to-face or whether we communicate with them via telephone or the internet.
The location of our pharmacies, in or adjacent to medical centres and community hospitals, allows us to provide integrated care with GPs, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
We provide extended opening hours in many locations and a comprehensive free prescription delivery service, ensuring all patients within our local communities have the best possible access to pharmaceutical services.
THE HUB PHARMACY LIMITED
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Buttercups Training Limited 0115 937 4936 Funding@buttercups.co.uk
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2)
- Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.