Information Communication Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship SOIL ASSOCIATION LIMITED(THE)
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, a passion to help people and a willingness to learn and succeed. You’ll function both on-site and in a ‘telephone support’ capacity providing day-to-day system support to meet business needs, as required. A pro-active approach and the ability to prioritise tasks is a must.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2021
26 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, a passion to help people and a willingness to learn and succeed. You’ll function both on-site and in a ‘telephone support’ capacity providing day-to-day system support to meet business needs, as required.
The helpdesk is often a busy environment, so you will need to be able to work on your own but be aware of what is going on within the helpdesk system and be able to escalate support tickets if needed. You'll be answering incoming support calls, emails and logging them into our ticketing system, assessing their priority and troubleshooting them on a 1st line basis. You will also have the opportunity to visit customers from time to time to carry out support tasks on-site.
A pro-active approach is essential and the ability to prioritise tasks is a must. We are looking for someone with a proven track record, strong communication skills, customer focused, self-motivated, and proactive with strong problem-solving abilities.
You will need to be capable of showing initiative, with appropriate skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently when required.
Your role and responsibilities will include the following operational duties:
- To ensure the security and integrity of the charities network by following policies and IT best practice
- To ensure that the computer suites, workstations and peripherals are maintained and well organised, taking into account health and safety requirements
- To assist colleagues as appropriate with Trust owned software; including maintenance and user support.
- To liaise with external suppliers and service providers to secure appropriate support when required
- To meet regularly with the Head of IT to prioritise tasks, review processes and discuss development needs
- Provide first line support for staff who raise helpdesk tickets
- Provide technical support to understand and troubleshoot issues
- Creation of staff accounts throughout a range of programs and websites
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors to retrieve quotes
- Support with technology asset management
- To respond to, track and resolve job requests via the help desk, ensuring effective communication with all relevant parties
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills in the Microsoft Suite:Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Organised, with good planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to a variety of different people and ages
- A passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves to help others
- Ability to work well in a team and independently making use of own initiative
- A true passion for new and emerging technology
- Enthusiastic about digital developments with an active interest in IT
- Keeping up-to-date with current technology and trends
- A commitment to complete the full apprenticeship programme
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Potential for a full time role upon completion
About the employer
Soil Association is the charity that digs deeper to transform the way we eat, farm and care for our natural world.
SOIL ASSOCIATION LIMITED(THE)
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Naomi Judge 01934 411594 Naomi.Judge@weston.ac.uk
- Information Communication Technician Level 3 Standard
- End-Point Assessment
- You will be given 20% of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or Off the Job Training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor.
- Regular Assessor reviews to support and prepare you for your End Point Assessment
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both Maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both Numeracy and Literacy. This will include sitting an exam.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.