Office Admin Apprentice Diamond Build Plc
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in the world of business. This role includes reception and administration duties. All training provided, apply now!
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Nov 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To plan duties in liaison with the Chairman’s PA so the administration support for the Diamond Group runs smoothly
- To undertake basic administrative tasks including word processing, data input, mail merge , photocopying, shredding, scanning and filing of documents in the correct folder on the shared drive
- To monitor stationery levels so they are fully stocked and re-ordered as directed
- To answer the phone, take messages and ensure all messages on voicemail are passed onto the appropriate staff
- To deal correctly with all other communications e.g. verbal messages, faxes, mail, email and virtual meetings arrangements (Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams etc)
- To deal effectively with incoming mail by date stamping mail, opening mail and redistribution to appropriate staff
- To deal effectively with outgoing mail by franking and posting mail and parcels and taking to post office or arranging for a courier delivery if directed
- To undertake Reception duties by answering the intercom and giving access to bona fide deliveries and visitors and welcoming visitors (ensure they sign in, handwash, have ID and offer refreshments)
Requirements and prospects
- Commitment to the Vision and ethos the Diamond Group
- Ability to work with a range of partners and situations
- Good organisational skills
- General business awareness
- Good ICT and general communication and presentation skills
- Accurate administrative record keeping with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrable ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to work on own or as part of a wider team as necessary
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and promptly
- Ability to multi-task
- A practical ‘can do’ attitude
No formal qualifications required, but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
The successful candidate can go onto further training or an apprenticeship at level 3, or into employment.
About the employer
Diamond Special Works specialises in delivering building works within the public sector.
Our dedicated, close-knit Special Works team members have worked together now for many years, on projects ranging from local authority commercial refurbishments and residential building refurbishments and extensions, to schools, fire and police stations, hospitals and clinics.
With several multi-trade operatives, we provide fully skilled and resourced teams, working with a minimal presence on-site and carrying out works to the highest quality standards, safely and sustainably.
Recent clients have included the London Borough of Haringey, such as our Vale School refurbishment contract; the London Borough of Ealing, an extensive roof and window replacement programme; Barnet, Enfield & Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust; London Borough of Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust and many primary and secondary schools.
Diamond Build Plc
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805 980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.