Commis Chef Apprenticeship The Hare & Hounds
We are looking to hire a hard-working and efficient commis chef to prepare meal ingredients for the chef de partie and assist with various kitchen duties.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The commis chef's responsibilities include informing the supervisor of malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment, unpacking, and organizing deliveries, and mopping up kitchen spills to prevent accidents and injuries. You should also ensure that all food items are safely stored to prevent spoilage.
To be successful as a commis chef, you should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding commis chef should be able to follow all instructions and comply with food health and safety regulations.
Commis Chef Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are properly sanitized.
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Parties’ instructions.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Willingness to learn.
A--C grades in maths and english preferred.
To be discussed on completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Public House, Restaurant and Bed and breakfast.
The Hare & Hounds
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 01422 418 431 email@example.com
The successful candidate will work towards a level 2 commis chef qualification.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.