Care Worker Apprentices Lindisfarne Care Home
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Ouston we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
Things to consider
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship your wage will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Ouston is a purpose-built care home, specialising in general residential, nursing and Dementia care.
We now also have Male Units at Lindisfarne Ouston.
The home consists of 57 ensuite rooms as well as several comfortable and homely living areas. Lindisfarne Ouston has two lounge areas – both of which overlook Penshaw Monument – and a fully equipped sensory lounge.
Served in the communal conservatory dining area, overlooking the garden and patio, are nutritious, home-cooked meals, all of which are prepared with residents’ dietary requirements in mind.
Lindisfarne Ouston offers a wide range of individual and group activities both on and off-site, ensuring that residents can continue with hobbies and interests, as well as providing new experiences. The home has its own minibus, perfect for day trips organised by our fully trained staff.
The home also boasts a hair and beauty salon, library facilities and full laundry service, as well as benefitting from regular visits from opticians, dentists and chiropodists.
In October 2013 we were awarded a Level 5 Award for Northumbria in Bloom for our Sensory Garden and have been registered with Horticultural Society.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.