Apprentice Administrator (Allocations) emh group
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work for emh homes Allocations team, supporting us to let our empty properties to applicants in need of social housing. The post will involve a combination of office based work and working from home.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An excellent and exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to support the Allocations team. Working within a busy environment, training will cover all aspects of administration in line with the company’s standard operating procedures.
The apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day operations of the department and will be primarily responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Allocations team.
The successful applicant will develop a broad range of general administration skills as well as specialist skills in project working, creating campaigns and producing housing reports.
Duties to include:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Providing a generic administration and support service to the teams
- Dealing with customer enquiries, maintaining accurate records and filing systems.
- Working with colleagues to manage peaks and troughs and priorities within teams on a daily basis
- Ensuring robust filing systems are used and documentation is maintained digitally for easy access
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external customers using a range of ICT
- Assisting the team in letting new build properties
- Providing support to the team in managing the choice-based lettings schemes
- Contributing to team meetings and organising events
The duties are intended to be a guide for this very varied role. Such duties may vary without changing the general character of the duties or levels of responsibility. Full training will be provided in all areas to meet with the apprenticeship programme
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer care and telephone skills
- Deal effectively with people
- Committed to delivering excellent customer services
- Well organised
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good time management
- Good typing skills
- Accurate record keeping
- Candidates must be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft packages including Word and Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- The successful candidate must be able to work as part of a busy team demonstrating flexibility and ability to work on own initiative.
- Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- We are looking for a creative, confident and enthusiastic person that thrives in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Commitment to own personal development and completion of the
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Grade 4 or above in GCSE maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
It is expected that upon completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to progress further within the organisation onto a suitable pathway
Things to consider
It is important that the successful candidate is able to respect the confidential nature of personal information and privacy.
This is an office and home working based job role, however on occasions you may be required to go out to visit schemes with colleagues.
About the employer
EMH Group is an independent, profit-for-purpose organisation and is one of the largest providers of affordable homes and care and support services in the East Midlands.
We have more than 20,000 properties in more than 40 local authority areas across the region, and we provide care and support to hundreds more customers.
We have specialised in developing homes in rural communities and in providing a housing, care and support service to people with care needs and learning disabilities.
Our vision is to be the best social housing and care business in the country, leading the market as service provider and employer.
A job with us is challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. We offer a friendly, open environment and encourage professional development and continuous learning among all our employees.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works +441922651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- Internal relevant training courses as required for the job
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.