Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship IMP SOFTWARE LTD
This in an exciting role for a hardworking, ambitious and diligent apprentice who is looking to develop their finance and technical skills whilst developing within a fast growing company. Working as part of our implementation team, you will be supporting the software consultants with all new customer projects.
Closing date: 19 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Dec 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This in an exciting role for a hardworking, ambitious and diligent apprentice who is looking to develop their finance and technical skills whilst developing within a fast growing company.
Working as part of our implementation team, you will be supporting the software consultants with all new customer projects to provide bespoke Multi Academy Trust budgeting software solutions.
Initially the project will start with customer liaison to understand their budget setting process, request their data, and produce a project plan. Working with the implementations team you will then manipulate the customer data within Excel using pre-set templates with formulas. Data will often come as multiple workbooks and will need to be combined and cleansed, so excellent attention to detail is essential and an understanding of Excel is desirable.
Once the data has been standardised you will be supported in uploading this to the IMP Planner, after which a variance analysis income and expenditure report is produced to compare provided data to the new calculated budget.
This report is presented to the customer with a written commentary to explain variances. You will be expected to have good communication skills and be able to understand the data you are presenting in a confident manner.
IMP Planner includes calculations that make the system intuitive to the customers’ needs based upon standardised national funding rates and calculations, therefore you would also be required to keep up to date with schools funding changes.
Full training and support will be provided on an ongoing basis for the right candidate.
- Communicate with customers to produce project plans and keep in touch throughout the build process
- Manipulating large financial data sets within excel
- Uploading information to the IMP Planner
- Updating project management tool to record progress
A broad range of accounting and finance tasks will be undertaken providing experience across our activities.
Tasks at some point would include:
- Processing purchase Ledger invoices
- Supplier payments
- Reconciling suppler statements
- Maintaining supplier records
- Sales Ledger invoicing
- Credit control
- Maintaining customer records
- Processing company credit card statements
- Processing staff expenses
- Month-end journals
- General admin, including a lot of ad-hoc duties, assisting colleagues in the Finance Department
Requirements and prospects
- Be confident using the phone when talking to both internal and external customers
- Confident in responding to email enquiries
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Comfortable using a Computer and Microsoft Office
- Strong desire to learn new skills and systems
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Able to adapt and embrace change
- Positive attitude and able to work independently
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous presentation and attention to detail where required
English Maths and Science to GCSE Level 5 or equivalent
At the end of the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to secure a full-time contract and develop your career within a fast growing company
Things to consider
The role will primarily be remote working from home however the ability to travel to the Exeter office for training is essential.
About the employer
IMP Software are a start-up company that provide Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Reporting Software to over 500 schools nationwide.
ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
Victoria 01392435349 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will undertake the “Assistant Accountant” Apprenticeship (an Foundation Apprenticeship in Accounting), with full support from Accountancy Learning as part of their Flexible Apprenticeship Programme.
Assessment will be by an “End Point Assessment” and will be graded “Pass” or “Distinction”. This will include two elements:
- A Professional Discussion. This will include a series of questions allowing you to to display the knowledge and experience you have obtained over your apprenticeship. You will build a Portfolio of reflections and product evidence that will be used for discussion points in the PD.
- A Synoptic Exam. This will include elements you have learnt throughout your studies of the individual AAT Units and this will contribute towards your end grade.
You will be prepared for both of these elements by undertaking studies for the AAT (Level 2) Foundation Certificate in Accounting. This will underpin both elements of your “end point assessment”. As such, it is anticipated that your apprenticeship duration will be for 13-18 months.
You will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to complete and achieve your Apprenticeship and will be given time to study during the week on a day release basis. As you are working towards a professional qualification, it is also expected that you will continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities, and the variety of tasks you undertake, are expected to increase.
Those with previous relevant qualifications and experience may be considered for an Advanced Apprenticeship undertaking the Level 3 Accounting Technician Standard.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.