Business Administrator / Accounts Apprentice Bede Financial Services
This role will encompass all areas of building society duties including handling money, over the counter transactions, account queries and new account opening. First class customer service is at the centre of everything Bede Financial Services do.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
It is essential that the successful candidate has a positive attitude towards excellent customer care with a commitment to providing a quality service, good IT skills and working as part of a team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- All general office duties including reception duties
- Banking and accounting
- Dealing with the post, organising letters for both internal and external use
- Scanning documents
- Inputting data into internal systems
- Using Microsoft Office packages to record and edit data
- Updating and maintaining accurate records
- Telephone enquiries - taking messages and transferring calls
- Assisting the financial advisers in checking documentation
- Chasing providers and payments
- Maintaining the client database
- Order office supplies
- Assist colleagues wherever necessary
This isn't an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to carry out other tasks to meet the demands of the business.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages are desired but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Social Media
- Friendly with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Team player
- Passion for customer service
- Attention to detail is essential
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a long established and friendly business in Marske. The successful candidate can look forward to a long career with plenty of personal development opportunities.
Things to consider
You will need to complete a maths and English skills assessment prior to starting this apprenticeship.
About the employer
The Bede Financial Group was founded in 2001 by John McVeigh who was joined in 2004 by Pension and Retirement Planning Specialist, Tony McHugh. Between them they have over 50 years of experience in financial advice, having worked for some prestigious companies. As such, Tony and John have an excellent reputation in the industry and a myriad of contacts and satisfied clients.
In 2009 they took the decision to expand their range of professional services and moved premises to Marske by the Sea, In early 2010 Bede Financial Group also became an agency for the Yorkshire Building Society to provide a local community service for the people of Marske and surrounding towns. Katie Sivills who lives in Marske looks after the day to day running of the Yorkshire Building Society part of the business.
Annie Martin joined the company in 2015 and has primary responsibility for the Mortgage department in the Bede Group. As the demand increased for the high quality and professional services provided by Bede Financial Group, Kate Dobbing joined us in September 2013 to offer her experience in the insurance services we offer.
Bede Financial Group take an active involvement in local community activities and events, raising money through fundraising events and sponsoring local sporting teams. We are at the heart of a small but thriving community and each and every customer and local person is special to us. We intend to continue supporting local and national causes, giving something tangible back to those who deserve it.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Redcar & Cleveland College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional Skills Maths and English, if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.