Reception/PA Apprentice My Ruby
My Ruby provides a personalised telephone reception, virtual PA and diary management service for offices and clinics across the UK.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
08 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
MyRuby provides a personalised call handling and virtual PA service for small and medium sized companies all over the UK.
To our clients MyRuby is an extension of their business – someone they can trust to handle their calls when they are either unavailable or unable to take the call.
An Apprentice at MyRuby has the opportunity to learn and experience all aspects of our business.
The role will include the following activities:
- Providing outsourced telephone reception services to small and medium sized businesses across the UK
- Provide customer services to key clients
- Active call management - handling queries, requests for information, diary management
- Promptly and efficiently taking and relaying messages to clients, by telephone, email, SMS
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained of calls and messages to assist client billing
- Creating a detailed client record on our CMIS to accurately record key company and contact details and their call handling requirements
- Updating and maintaining this information on a regular basis
- Ad hoc tasks such as making travel arrangements, managing diaries, internet research
- Database updates
You will also be required to undertake such duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Company from time to time. The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business and/or to meet the needs of your Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent telephone manner and speaking voice
- Competent IT skills – keyboard, Microsoft Office, databases
- Attention to detail including grammar and spelling
- Ability to work in a team
- We are looking for hard-working, reliable and loyal individuals who want to benefit from the apprenticeship programme
- We also look for a warm, outgoing personality, with a desire to provide outstanding customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- A*-C/9-4 grades in GCSE (maths and English) or equivalent qualifications
- Permanent, full time position for the right candidate upon completion of their apprenticeship, as a Call Handling PA which includes taking responsibility for their own client portfolio
Things to consider
This is an office-based role with a 9-hour day (8 hours working and 1 hour unpaid). A large part of the day is spent sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The role also requires the candidate to wear a telephony headset. Our office is open plan and the successful candidate will be expected to wear office attire.
About the employer
MyRuby was launched in 2007. We currently have two teams of receptionists, one medical team responsible for all of our medical clients and one reception team responsible for the rest of the client base, that all operate from our Head Office in Colchester, North Essex. Our FTE headcount is 18.
We work with over 300 small and medium sized companies in a variety of business sectors, including Media, IT, Consultancy, Marketing & PR, Medical and Property.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Andrea Gregory 07764 969337 firstname.lastname@example.org
- TheLightBulb will deliver the Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
- You will need to attend the 4 workshops remotely via Zoom
- To include 20% off the job training
- You will also complete your Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.