Customer Service Apprentice Pure Fishing UK Ltd
Reporting to the UK Customer Services Manager, the apprentice will be part of a multi-skilled team responsible for supporting the full customer journey. This will entail processing and entering orders, handling enquiries and providing a full after sales service to customers and consumers.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Providing exceptional service to each consumer/customer by focusing on meeting their needs through courteous attention to detail and timely follow-up on all requests and issues.
- Maximising the sales lead of every opportunity that comes into the business.
- Liaising with consumers/customers daily over the telephone, via email or Freshdesk and processing payments as required.
- Applying various instructions and promotions to orders as necessary.
- Receiving telephone orders and entering orders and return material authorisations on to the system.
- Providing price and availability information as requested.
- Answering enquiries on status of orders and following through on all commitments made to customers.
- Handling requests for credit or problem resolution related to returns, shipping discrepancies, pricing issues and order errors.
- Actioning calls and emails for stock returns due to order errors or picking errors, liaising with customers, sales and the warehouse team as needed. Processing returned goods on to SAP.
- Actioning calls regarding faulty product and liaising with customers, consumers and service centres.
- Arranging collections from customers for delivery to the warehouse, service centres or the office.
- Monitoring stock levels, and ordering spare parts as required for Hardy and Greys rods and reels.
- Any additional similar duties as required to ensure the efficiency and ongoing improvements of the Customer Services function.
Requirements and prospects
Education, skills and experience:
- Computer literate, conversant with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience of using databases.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and proactively as part of a team and autonomously using initiative where required.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with customers and our field-based sales team.
- A fast learner, keen to learn and able to work well in a fast-paced environment without compromising on quality.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with good attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a high level of commitment to the customer.
- The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, tenacity and willingness for continuous improvement and learning
- Must be smart, presentable and professional, being always an ambassador for the largest global fishing tackle business
- Knowledge of the fishing tackle industry and products would be highly desirable but not essential as product training will be provided.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Willing to learn.
- GCSE level in Maths and English is required, ideally at Grade B or above (or equivalent)
- A Level in a relevant subject e.g. Business Studies would be advantageous, but not essential.
At the end of the apprentice scheme, there may be opportunities for a permanent position
Things to consider
There will be long periods of working in front of a computer in an Office environment
About the employer
We have operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages. We have large office bases in Cramlington in the UK, Svangsta in Sweden, Breda in The Netherlands, and Frankfurt in Germany.
Our mission is to provide the ultimate experience for anglers and customers through leading brands, innovative products, and superior services delivering exceptional financial results by a passionate, high performance team. We are dedicated to helping you have more fun and catch more fish!
Our Cramlington office will house around 40 employees who work in a number of different disciplines including Finance, Customer Service, Supply Chain, HR, IT and Marketing/Product Development.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Level 2 standard in customer service
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.