Business Administration Apprentice Warner Goodman Llp
• Researching law and preparation of advice notes • Review Contracts of Employment & Staff Handbooks • Prepare reports as to defects & make recommendations for corrective clauses • Review updates & identify new issues to be included in client updates • General Administration duties as directed
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Researching law and preparation of advice notes for Peace of Mind members and other clients.
- Review Contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks for Peace of Mind members and other clients
- Prepare reports as to defects and make recommendations for corrective clauses
- Review PLC updates and identify new issues to be included in client updates and to be added to a central library.
- Prepare some basic letters for staffing issues raised by Peace of Mind members.
- Prepare case law updates for the weekly newsletter and weekly updates for the Firm’s website.
- Fully utilise the Case Management system when typing correspondence, telephone notes, saving emails etc.
- Answer the telephone promptly in a professional manner, being polite and helpful at all times. Aim to assist calls of a general nature on your Fee Earner’s files. Ensure messages are recorded with client’s name, telephone number, date and time and when possible, details of the query raised. Be realistic in call back options. Liaise with fee earner as to system regarding direct dial numbers on correspondence and process for taking calls from Reception. If appropriate type telephone message and place on file.
- Attending clients on behalf of Fee Earners in reception and on the telephone for routine matters such as taking instructions/discussing document review related issues. If appropriate offer the client the use of the interview rooms.
- Undertake such work on the file as may be directed by the Fee Earner. Filing should be undertaken at the request of your Fee Earner.
- For all appointments arrange for the files or necessary documents to be available for fee earners. Where appropriate check Fee Earners diary re appointments at other offices to ensure that the files are always with them in advance of the appointment.
- General office administration duties such as photocopying and collecting stationary.
- To undertake any other administration duties at the request of Fee Earners, Team Leader, Branch Manager or Business Head.
- To ensure compliance with the Firm’s Quality Standards.
Requirements and prospects
- Accurate and precise
- Needs to be extremely well organised and tidy
- Able to run a tight diary schedule
- Able to work within a team environment as well as on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail with figures
- Attention to detail in respect of Case Management and Quality Standard Policies
- Good telephone manne
- The utmost honesty and integrite
- A “can do” positive attitud
- A willingness to help others and to go the extra mile
Entry is subject to interview and assessment. You will need to have relevant employment and be in a suitable position to utilise the skills developed during the course. In addition, you will need to have 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including English and Maths. A Level 2 in Functional Skills Maths would also be suitable. A candidate with a grade 3/D in Maths may be considered, however they will be required to complete a Level 2 in Functional Skills Maths.
On completion and achievement of the Business Administrator standard, progression opportunities will be provided and discussed with learners to further enhance their career opportunities, such as senior support or management apprenticeship programmes.
Things to consider
About the employer
Warner Goodman LLP are one of the leading law firms in the Solent area and have been delivering legal services for over 160 years. We have won many awards in recent years including LawNet Law Firm of the Year 2014, Hampshire Venus Awards Company of the Year 2017 and Company of the Year at the National Venus Awards 2018.Today we employ over 160 people and we have five offices across Hampshire; Fareham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Chandler’s Ford and Waterlooville.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Apprentices will develop their skills in areas to include;
• Information Technology
• Record & document production
• Planning & organising
• Decision making
• Project Management
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.