Business Administration Apprentice Level 2 The Byrne Practice Solicitors
To work as part of a team providing administrative support to The Byrne Practice staff. To work closely with The Byrne Practice’s Office Manager in relation to reception duties and general file and office management.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
12 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key Responsibilities/Key Areas:
- To provide administrative support to The Byrne Practice‘s employees.
- To provide word processing support.
- To carry out other general clerical and administrative duties, including photocopying, sending faxes, message taking, sorting and distributing post.
- To maintain manual and computerised records including inputting data, keeping records, confidential and general filing systems as directed to ensure an effective record of client and financial information.
- To assist in responding to routine correspondence and enquiries from clients, members of the public and contacts of The Byrne Practice.
- To assist in organising meetings and events, ensuring all necessary arrangements are a made.
- General reception work.
- To look after guests in the office (e.g. making drinks, taking them to the correct room etc).
- To assist in the Practices’ marketing, in particular making marketing calls to local businesses (full and detailed training will be supplied).
- Occasionally attend court to support the fee earners.
- To act as an ambassador for The Byrne Practice and present a professional image at all times.
- To treat clients and colleagues fairly and with respect, value the diversity of others and work proactively to overcome communication barriers.
- To adhere to safe working practices and to the health and safety policy and departmental procedures.
- To be well informed about policy, procedure, organisational changes and other relevant information in order to provide up to date information to clients when needed. To ensure that such information is shared with colleagues.
- To have a positive attitude to learning and development and proactively seek opportunities to develop professional competencies including IT skills.
- To promote, communicate and support The Byrne Practice’s vision and values to all.
- To follow and promote legislation and the Practice’s policies such as race and disability, equal opportunities, health and safety and data protection to provide a consistent and excellent service.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours and duties.
- The post holder may also be requested to carry out other non-specific duties commensurate with the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of different computer packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good keyboard skills and the ability to use a word processing package.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of clients and members of staff.
- Ability to work individually and as an effective member of a team.
- An understanding of the need to deal with clients sensitively and to keep information confidential.
- Ability to take on individual project work and demonstrate initiative.
Must hold two GCSEs at grade A*-D, including GCSE English and maths (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Byrne Practice Solicitors
Delivery to be completed onsite by Assessor to complete an intermediate technical certificate in Business Administration and Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rachelle Schofield 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017