Apprentice Trainee Chef de Partie - Cookery Masterclass Chef! Smart School Of Cookery
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become part of Ann's Smart school of Cookery. Assisting Ann in Running the renowned cookery workshops. Whilst perfecting your own techniques you will be coaching and mentoring customers to develop their own! A great career to teach other and fantastic prospects upon completion!
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be working towards your Chef De Partie Apprenticeship standard which will include developing an extensive recipie protfolio.
You will be mentored by the head chef - assisting in developing the skills, knowledge and behaviors to become an excellent Chef in addition, working towards becoming a masterclass chef classroom leader!
You will be learning and gaininig expertise in many areas of the apprenticeship and working towards being effecient in general duties as listed:
- Setting up of the classrooms
- Receiving and storing deliveries
- Reporting to sous chef and head chef
- Working in a clean, compliant kitchen – following all health, safety and hygiene regulations
- Ingredient and dish knowledge to understand local British seasonality
- Menu tasting to understand cooking techniques, ingredients and kitchen processes
- Client training in classic food preparation and cooking methods
- Food and stock preperation
- Catering for Corperate events
- Health and saftey documentation
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in a kitchen at a commis Chef level
- Ability to teach and mentor others
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Team player
- Commis Chef Level 2 Or professional cookery
- GCSE A*- C/9- 4 in maths and English preferred although not essential
- Full time role offered
- pay Review
- Progression to Senior Culinary Chef
Things to consider
- Monthly payment
- 6 weeks annual holiday, arranged by prior agreement of dates. 1 week of which has got to be taken over Christmas
- Overtime will be based on any additional hours in excess of a 30 hour week, worked out over a calendar month – will be paid pro-rata
About the employer
Ann Hood, owner of Ann's Smart School of Cookery and past contestant of BBC Masterchef, (January 2009) started the cookery school in Essex, due to her passion for cooking. In the thirteen years it has been operating it has grown from strength to strength, offering cookery adventures for everyone.
Your Day with Us
Ann's Smart School of Cookery is an intimate dining and learning experience, where you can gain insider tips and tricks of the trade from Ann as well as specialist celebrity, professional and Smart School trained chefs, in an informal and relaxed atmosphere for up to 10 guests per class (whilst social distancing is in place). The ingredients used are fresh, local and delicious, the tuition is professional and down to earth, and the completed dishes, sublime. With a huge regular following who visit us time and time again learning something new every time.
You are sure to have an enjoyable and informative time, where you will first discuss the menu ahead and be provided with an apron and after the course you'll receive the recipes by email. Chef will invite a small group at a time to prepare, cook and serve your chosen menu to ensure everybody has a 100% all round experience.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HTP Training
Craig Teasdale 07786654184 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chef de partie Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
During your Apprenticeship you will gain a wide range of new knowledge and skills. You will gain a deeper understanding of food preparation and cooking traditional and modern cuisines, taste, allergens, diet and nutrition in order to produce dishes and menu items that meet the requirements of customers and the business. You will develop a range of advanced craft skills and techniques to produces a wide range of dishes which demonstrate imagination and flair. Part of the role of chef de partie is managing a team and you will learn how to brief, coach and motivate others to produce high quality dishes which are delivered on time to the required standard.
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.