Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Thornton Lodge Surgery
Exciting opportunity to join the NHS. You will ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients any other visitors to the practice while completing a level 2 customer service practitioner apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
30 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Ensure courier takes all documentation and samples at the appropriate time
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgement and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Prepare lists and notes for all surgeries and clinics held, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
- Process appointment requests for today future appointments from patients by telephone and in person
- Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area
- Ensure the changing of back-up tapes in line with the Practice’s Standard Operating Policies
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Have working knowledge of telephone/bleep system, during and after hours
- Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all the necessary preparations to receive patients
- Ensure all Health & Safety checks are undertaken within the desired timescales as indicated in the Practice’s Health & Safety Policy
- When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off, all electrical equipment has been turned off and the alarm activated
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will implement and lead on a full range of promotion and management their own and others’ health and safety and infection control as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures. This will include (but will not be limited to):
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general/patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training
- Reporting potential risks identified
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills
English and Maths GCSE's (or equivalent) but not essential.
Lots of career progression within the sector.
About the employer
A small but busy Doctors Surgery based in Huddersfield.
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Business College
Kirsty Longley 01484430433 email@example.com
Level 2 customer service practitioner.
Full training provided.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.