The Duke - Commis Chef Apprenticeship Duke Of Cambridge (The Organicpub)
Chef Apprenticeship position available to learn the preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients on site. This will include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting and desserts. You will learn basic kitchen skills and in addition learn about food hygiene, health & safety, storage and cleaning
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
29 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Great opportunity to undertake a Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
- Preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients on site
- Include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables
- Prepare breakfast, banqueting and desserts
- Food hygiene, health & safety, storage and cleaning
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong interest in food - preparing and cooking ingredients.
- This a hands on position
- Motivation is key
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to the needs of the job/industry
- Willing to learn
- GCSE English and maths grades A-D / 3-9 (or equivalent)
- GCSE Cookery/Food Tech desirable
Progression within your job role and organisation with the potential to complete further Apprenticeships and training relevant to your role as you progress.
Things to consider
- Remember you will be standing all day
- You will be working in a hot and busy kitchen
- You will work a rota which may require you to work weekends and evenings
- Please research location and consider your commute in terms of time and cost prior to applying for the role
About the employer
We’re London’s only certified organic pub. Our food is a bistro style cantered around classic cooking techniques and a celebration of the food seasons.
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Westminster Kingsway College - Hospitality 'Workforce Development
Susan Milbank firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the job training 4 days a week and also 1 day a week at WKC
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1, progressing to level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.