Customer Service Assistant Apprentice Oakwood Pharmacy
The Customer Service Assistant will assist the pharmacist and handle the day-to-day tasks in a pharmacy and make sure things run smoothly and efficiently, working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring profitability is maximised. Whilst working towards a Customer Service Practitioner L2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensure that the pharmacy environment is welcoming, clean and professional.
- Accurately complete financial transactions with customers.
- Happy to work towards or have completed an accredited MCA training course under the guidance of the pharmacist.
- Respond to symptoms described by customers by following agreed protocols and using your own knowledge and judgement.
- Know and understand the main features of stocked lines and the benefits to customers.
- Provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Refer to the pharmacist when appropriate.
- Receive prescriptions from customers and ensure they reach the dispensary in a timely manner.
- Inform the customer of approximate waiting times and to manage their expectations.
- Ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients.
- Assist with the engagement of patients onto advanced services such as MURs and NMS.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of over the counter remedies and minor ailments by reading journals, product information and training resources.
- Assist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by carrying out reasonable duties as determined by the pharmacist.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- A warm, friendly and professional attitude towards customers.
- An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable).
- Experience of handling money and maintaining finance records.
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- Confident, polite, patient, and professional in their manner
- Responsible and reliable
- Eager to learn
- Able to follow instructions
- Have the confidence to ask for help when they do not understand what is required of them
GCSE grade E (2) in English and maths or a minimum BKSB Initial Assessment English and Maths Entry 3
Additional training may take place at Loughborough College for Functional Skills. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
Helping to keep you well, we offer all. Normal pharmacy services and more.
CONFIDENTIAL ONLINE SHOPPING
Shop from over 8000 items at Supermarket Beating Prices. Whether you are travelling and need a mosquito net or need nicotine patches at a good price, we have you covered.
Thousands of pages of health advice from the NHS, Pharmacists and Support groups covering every topic.
Our staff stands ready to help you! You are always welcome to call or stop by, too!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 email@example.com
- L2 Apprenticeship Standard in Customer Service Practitioner
- L2 Diploma for Customer Service Practitioners (if required)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Apprentice showcase
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.