Apprentice Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Haven Care (Wirral) Limited
You will be working out within the community across the Wirral, helping support individuals within their own homes. You will provide a high standard of care with help and training from Haven Care. You will also spend time within the office and take part in team meeting and manage other staff who deliver quality care across Wirral.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£161.70 to £311.85
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that care is provided according to all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations
- Allocations of staff in order to ensure all our clients’ needs are met
- Provide assessments to potential clients to establish their individual care needs
- Reassessment of existing clients and review of current care plans when required
- Completion of Quality assurance questionnaires as part of the CQC regulations and requirements
- Respond to DASS, PCT and private referrals efficiently in accordance with their contracted terms and conditions
- Liaise with all family, medical and other resources, as required
- Provide excellent customer service levels to all internal and external users of the business
- Ensure care/Support staff(s)are delivering a high standard of care to our clients in accordance with their care plan and identifying training needs where necessary
- To respond efficiently, promptly and record any reported issues, concerns or problems raised and report to the Care Manager where necessary
- Whilst representing the company please ensure the appropriate uniform and identity badge is displayed at all times
- Consult with family members and other supports to ensure that care is ongoing and that all client care needs are identified and met
- Advocate on behalf of clients for additional services and resources, as required
- The timely distribution of care rotas
- The timely reporting of absences and completion of return to work procedures
- First stage grievance and disciplinary processes
- Timely staff appraisals and staff supervisions
- Perform other related duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working in a domiciliary and or Mental Health background supporting clients physically or with emotional needs
The Care Coordinator requires knowledge of:
- Client assessment
- Care techniques; including personal hygiene, house cleaning, administrating medication.
- Services and resources in the community
- All relevant legislation, policies, and practices
- First Aid
- Manual handling skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Respect cultural differences
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Punctual and reliable
Previous People Moving and Handling/ First Aid training (or equivalent).
Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
Potential progression onto a Level 5 apprenticeship if you are successful.
Things to consider
Working weekends and over the Christmas period.
Clean UK driving licence (due to the nature of the role).
About the employer
Haven Care Wirral Limited is a domiciliary care agency providing care and support for people in their own homes. The agency office is based in Heswall, Wirral. The agency currently looks after over 100 people with a variety of needs.
Haven Care (Wirral) Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook Jules.Westbrook@dhassociates.co.uk
Level 4 Lead Practitioner in Adult Care apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
DHA will be the training provider who will deliver the qualification to you. You can meet with your trainer on a one to one basis, tutorials will be delivered, and work will be set.
You must submit work on a monthly basis and meet with your trainer. You will also be completing your functional skills along with completing the diploma and also be involved in an end point assessment.
Lead practitioner in adult care
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.