Apprentice Butcher Blakes The Butchers Kevin Blake
Do you want to train as a butcher? Do you want to work for a high class butchery business that supplies top hotels and sports venues? We are looking to add to our existing team of expert butchers by offering a Butcher Apprenticeship to a motivated and positive individual who is keen to learn and has a professional approach to working.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Butcher all species of meat
- Bone, roll, dice, slice meat
- Produce orders to customer specifications
- Meet time deadlines
- Make sausages and other value-added products
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and personal cleanliness
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with other members of the team
Requirements and prospects
- Some manual dexterity
- Good health (some lifting)
- Ability to teamwork
- Follow directions
- Willingness to learn
- Good personal hygiene
- An interest in food and the completion of a task to a high standard
- Maths and English GCSE’s at grade 3 or above ideally
- If no evidence of grade 4 or above then functional skills will be include as part of the apprenticeship
We are looking to build our team from within and train apprentices to be an integral part of the business going forwards. We want promotion from within for the right people and it is the ‘right’ people that we want to employ.
Things to consider
- This vacancy is located in the centre of Brighton
- Candidates will be expected to travel to Plumpton College’s Butchery School for one day every fortnight
- Very early starts in the morning (dependant on age related employment law)
- Here at Blakes we enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first
- Our team, practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as the premier catering butcher for the South East and beyond
- Staff meat allowance and discount
- Free tea and coffee
- PPE and uniform provided
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
About the employer
We are a successful high-class catering butcher supplying many top hotels, sport venues and educational establishments. We are looking to build our team from within and train apprentices to be an integral part of the business going forwards. We want promotion from within for the right people and it is the ‘right’ people that we want to employ.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Plumpton College
Alice Hutchinson 01273 892127 firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn butchery and the associated skills needed to be a modern butcher.
The apprenticeship is completed in partnership with Plumpton College’s highly regarded Butchery Apprenticeship Department, where the successful applicants will embark on a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship, lasting between 12 and 18 months. The course includes all aspects of modern butchery together with additional qualifications in food hygiene and health and safety. The course concludes with an assessment in skills and knowledge before the apprenticeship qualification is awarded.
Apprentices spend at least 20% of their time being trained, mentored and taught in both the workplace and at college. Where necessary, the training includes helping students achieve competency in Maths and English.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.