Apprentice Chef Deramore Arms
Learning preparation and cooking techniques of freshly cooked meals. Shadowing and working with the Head Chef, running and maintaining a fresh produce kitchen.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
£175.56 to £338.58
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
25 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To work under the supervision of the Head Chef
- Learning preparation and cooking techniques
- Learning the procedures required to maintain and run an effective fresh produce kitchen
- Deliver quality freshly cooked meals to a high standard
Requirements and prospects
- You will demonstrate a competent understanding of Maths and English as well as basic IT skills (Word/ Excel)
- During your apprenticeship you will learn about ingredients, seasonality, cooking techniques, the day to day running of a kitchen
- As such you should demonstrate an interest in food and the Hospitality Industry as a whole
- Proactive in your approach to learning and work
- Show a genuine desire to work with food and develop your skills within the kitchen
- Passion and respect for fresh produce
- Understanding the importance of working cohesively within a close knit team
- Strong work ethic
There is a requirement for candidates to have English and Maths GCSEs at grade 3/D or a Level 1 functional skills qualification in those areas.
Students with international qualifications will need to have them converted, for which there will be a cost, through the national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills (NARIC) website. This is required to confirm they are comparable to UK qualifications at the start of the programme in readiness for gateway and the end point assessment.
Potential to become a permanent member of the kitchen team upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
You will be required to work 38 hours per week, which will include one day at college. Some of those hours will be “off the job training” and some will be weekend and evening work. We envisage the successful candidate to be flexible to work within the specified hours of kitchen opening and therefore be either local or have their own transport.
- The start date will be agreed upon appointment
- Initially you will be contacted by York College to confirm your commitment and suitability for the role. If we are unable to contact you, you will not be considered for the position
- Please note: most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application
- We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings
- The vacancy will close once a suitable applicant has been appointed
About the employer
Community Village Pub situated in the York suburb of Heslington.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Business Partnerships 01904 770368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Method of Delivery.
Delivery will be in partnership with employers and will adopt a blended learning approach of on and off the job training. Apprentices receive training and mentoring in the workplace and knowledge, skills and behaviour development at York College through a combination of classroom/workshop based activities. Apprentices will attend College one day a week.
End Point Assessment.
Apprentices must pass the End Point Assessment in order to achieve the Apprenticeship Certificate which comprises of the following:
- 60 minute on demand test
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
On successful completion apprentices could progress on to the Senior Production Chef or Chef de Partie Apprenticeship or into a more senior role within the Organisation.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.