Beauty Therapy Apprentice Cannelle
An apprentice will cover reception duties, making and amending client appointments, prepare rooms for senior therapists and keeping the salon clean (to Covid 19 regulatory standards) and tidy. The apprentice will welcome clients and complete client record cards.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main Duties include:
- Greeting and welcoming customers
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines for a safe working environment
- Make recommendations to clients on the best treatment programmes and skincare products for home use
- Assist with all sales and marketing activities such as promotions, special offers and open evenings within the clinic that may be outside your normal working routine/schedule
- Cover for other staff on lunch breaks, holidays, sickness, etc
- You will be expected to carry out other duties that are within your capabilities
- Assist on reception and ensure the secure daily handling of monies and cash transferrals, schedule appointments, ensure clients records are updated, change window display, rotate stock and replace with new items, keep reception clean and tidy
- Assist with getting repeat appointments and new clients for students and therapists
Practise treatments on staff members until competent and then on clients when competent.
- Be available for training purposes, promotions and staff meetings when required
- Attend college for further training as required and make a continued effort to upgrade your skills to the best of your ability
- To continually update your knowledge on the treatments and products
- Assist with the hygiene in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry rooms to ensure they are always cleaned, disinfected, and presentable
- Cleaning sinks, trolleys and wax pots
- Emptying and cleaning foot bowls
- Making up couches for treatments
- Preparing for treatments
- Emptying bins
- Re-stocking products
- Cleaning nail varnishes
- Cleaning client bathroom and replenishing clean hand towels
- Maintain health and safety at work at all times
- Assist employees with all duties
- Communicate with beauty therapists and help with their duties
Work as a team player and sometimes take on other responsibilities to assist fellow members of staff
Requirements and prospects
None required as full training will be provided.
Engaging and confident with a good work ethic and good customer service along with an interest in beauty, a good team player and able to work on own initiative.
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 4-9/A-C (or equivalent) English and maths.
Job as a Beauty Therapist and opportunity to progress to Advance Beauty Therapy Apprentice.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
MEDISPA offering advanced treatments such as laser IPL Microneedling, CACI Synergy as well as manicures, massages, facial and waxing.
INTROTRAIN & FORUM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intro Train
Jane Colleton 01865793196 email@example.com
Level 2 training in line with Apprenticeship standards, training will include:
Carrying out beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisation requirement, maintaining honesty, integrity and confidentiality, training in maintaining and storing detailed and confidential beauty treatment consultations with clients, recommendation of the most appropriate treatments and products, training in implementing and practicing safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal, beauty therapy and organisational requirements.
- Training in waxing services, hand and nail treatments, foot treatment, facial skin care treatments, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, make-up application, basic massage treatments
- Training in facilitating the client journey, making appointments, completing the services and handling payments, providing advice and after care
- Reception and retail skills
- Professionalism and maintaining standards of appearance and upholding salon standards
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.