Commis Chef Apprentice Tim Tomlinson
This apprenticeship will include preparing and cooking food, alongside a senior chef, contributing menu ideas and keeping kitchen hygiene standards high. You will work towards a Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
£129.00 - £159.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Daily duties will include:
- Preparing vegetables
- Butchering meat & fish
- Pastry work
- Cooking and creating dishes that avoid specific allergens
- Using different cooking methods, e.g. curing, sous vide, braising, and confit
- Working with senior chefs to develop the menu and specials
- Preparing full dishes during service
- Researching different recipes and cooking techniques
- Following the latest culinary trends
- Organise and maintain a section, including prepping all elements for service
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance
- Learn to follow health and safety procedures and meet food safety standards
- Completing due diligence records
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Good hygiene
- Positive mentality
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for cookery
- Fine motor skills
4 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Full-time position at one of three businesses in Lancaster.
Working for a local independent business.
Access to courses e.g. pasta making, sous vide.
Things to consider
- Town centre pub
- 5-minute walk from train station and bus station
- No split shifts
- Staff discount across three Lancaster pubs
- Paid break with free staff meal
- Working for a well-established, reputable, local employer
About the employer
Merchants 1688 are a well-established pub/restaurant in Lancaster city centre, offering locally sourced food and drinks.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Commis Chef Apprenticeship programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.