Apprentice Mechanic - L3 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Petit Forestier
To receive practical training and instruction whilst assisting workshop staff in the day-to-day running of the workshop. To work towards the provision of a well-maintained internal vehicle fleet, working both under supervision and on your own initiative on a range of commercial vehicles and refrigeration units.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To correctly interpret instructions from mechanics/technicians and report to workshop manager
- To attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which may be circulated or displayed
- To accurately report and record work done via the completion of job sheets and the quantification of time
- To protect and maintain all tools and equipment by only using them in the prescribed manner and returning to their place of storage immediately after use
- To immediately report any loss, shortage, damage or malfunction of tools and equipment
- To protect and take care of customers and the company’s property
- To maintain allocate work areas in a clean and tidy condition
- To work within and implement the policy of ‘preventative maintenance’
- To provide information, maintain records and carryout all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required
- To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
- To ensure all health and safety, statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures are adhered to
- Any other duties commensurate with the smooth running and operation of Petit Forestier
Requirements and prospects
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer and company standards
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry
- Strong PC literacy
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance
- Driving License desirable
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
GCSE (Grade ‘C/4’ or above) English, maths, a Science, and two other subjects (or equivalent).
Great career prospects within the organisation for individuals to progress to full time permanent staff, and develop your career further.
Things to consider
Full company benefits, including holidays, work ware and safety equipment.
About the employer
As a family business founded in France in 1907, Petit Forestier’s refrigeration know-how is second to none on the market. The company is backed by a vast fleet for hire: 60,000 refrigerated vehicles, 46,000 display chillers and freezers and 3,800 refrigerated containers, and is served by a large branch network that covers 22 countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the United States. Petit Forestier relies on this coverage to serve over 15,000 customers, always focused on delivering quality and excellent service.
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
City of Bristol College 01173125250
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
At the City of Bristol College, you will study towards your appreticeship training through block release over the course of the 3 year apprenticeship programme. Your employer will release you to attend our Motor Vehicle Technology Centre at Parkway (also known as the DAF centre), in 15 blocks of 2 weeks to complete the theory and practical elements of the apprenticeship.
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.