Customer Service Apprentice (Counter Sales) Myers Building Supplies
This role at our Batley branch will be a customer facing position, with the help of our team will enable you to learn about products, sales, the running of a branch and develop your confidence. Applications are invited from candidates who are enthusiastic and wish to develop a long-term career.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day to day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors and employees comply with the Company Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training.
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme.
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
Requirements and prospects
- A professional attitude, demeanour and experience in customer service
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- Must be PC literate
- Confident in using email and the internet
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a good level of numeracy skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to solve problems at source
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and good time management
- Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus
- Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable.
Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Grade C/4 or above in maths and English or equivalent
- No experience needed but a good positive attitude to learn on the job is essential.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
There are good transport links – bus and train stations nearby.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
Occasional Saturday mornings as per rota
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
The Myers Group is a family owned group of companies providing products, services and materials to the construction industry. The Group consists of Johnsons Wellfield Quarries, Readymix Huddersfield, Myers Building Supplies, Myers Skip Hire & Myers Timber.
Myers Building Supplies
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 email@example.com
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given time off, one day per week to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.