Apprentice Service/Installation Engineer Multicare
Multicare are looking to recruit an Apprentice Service/Installation Engineer to assist with the installation and service of patient handling equipment. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Installation of patient handling equipment
- Service of patient handling equipment
- Repair of patient handling equipment
- LOLER Inspection of a range of patient handling equipment
These will generally be on the customers premises e.g. hospitals, nursing homes, schools, colleges, private dwellings and when installing, construction sites.
Requirements and prospects
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Some mechanical and electrical knowledge, either learned from school or a working environment
- Literate, numerate
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- Well presented
- Self-motivated with a good positive attitude
- Hungry for knowledge
- Be able to balance the challenges of dealing with people with disabilities while staying focused on business objectives
- Will need to be DBS checked due to working with and around vulnerable people
- GCSE grade C/4; English & maths or equivalent
- Possible progression to full time Service/Installation Engineer
Things to consider
- Ideally the candidate will hold a full clean driving licence, or at least learning to drive
- Although very rewarding, working with and around people with disabilities can be very challenging
About the employer
At Multicare we firmly believe that delivering better healthcare is a teamwork exercise!
Whether you are an Occupational Therapist, Nursing Home Manager, Physiotherapist or Manual Handling Adviser, you are part of a team that is focused on those entrusted to your care. Our goal, is being part of that team is to help you deliver better healthcare.
We focus on three key areas, any product or service we supply must benefit you in these areas:
- A perfect outcome is often not the easiest solution, but we work to help you perfect your outcomes, whatever the difficulties
- We work with you to reduce risks. Risks to your clients, risks to your staff, risks to your reputation
- Any investment demands a return. We aim to maximise your return on investment
We are a family run business centrally located in Coventry remaining true to the founders principles of honesty and integrity. Our client base includes NHS, Private Care and Nursing Homes, Local Authorities and private individuals. We aim to treat every customer the same, respecting clients dignity and independence whilst providing professional and discreet solutions.
- Our patient handling range includes mobile hoists, ceiling hoists, standing hoists, slings and other small aids such as patient turners, slide sheets and handling belts
- Within our bathing range we have shower trolleys, assisted baths, shower chairs, tilt in space shower chairs, changing couches and shower benches
- Our range of beds and pressure care includes height adjustable beds, pressure care mattresses, alternating air mattresses and profiling beds. We also stock a range of pressure cushions, gel cushions, visco cushions, and foam cushions, ideal for use in wheelchairs or standard chairs
- We also have a heavy-duty range of bariatric beds, bariatric hoists and slings, extra wide shower chairs, heavy-duty wheelchairs, and bariatric mattresses
- Our mobility section covers manual wheelchairs, powerchairs and scooters and accessories such as powerpacks
- Our seating section includes day care seating, pressure care seating, rise and recline chairs, ward chairs and high seat chairs
Multicare Coventry Services:
- Multicare offer a range of complimentary services including ceiling hoist design and installation, free delivery on all profiling beds and next day delivery on mattresses. through our sister company Healthserve, www.healthserveuk.co.uk, we offer servicing LOLER testing and maintenance of all types of patient hoist and associated equipment
- In addition to our unique range of own branded products we work with major suppliers such as Invacare, Guldmann, Joerns, Oxford, Sunrise Medical, Arjo, BHM Medical, Days Healthcare, NRS (Nottingham Rehab Supplies), RMA, Homecraft Rolyan, Gordon Ellis and Plinth 2000
Area covered by Multicare Coventry:
- We are centrally located in Coventry, and are ideally placed to cover, Coventry, Warwickshire, Birmingham, West Midlands, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and London
Additionally, our service team cover the whole of the UK for after sales service and repairs.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Elizabeth Haywood 01604230371 Elizabeth.Haywood@aston-training.co.uk
Mandatory qualification requirements:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (competence)
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge)
English and mathematics at level 2 or Apprentices without English and mathematics at level 2 must have achieved level 1 English and mathematics and have taken the tests for level 2.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.